The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty
PostSubject: C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!   C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty6/26/2013, 12:42 pm

One of my C. vittatus surprised me with a brood last night. She appears to have something like 17 on her back, but I haven't taken her out to get a full count yet. All of my females in the community appear to be gravid, so I am expecting more here soon. Now... Here's hoping that she inspires my P. trans to pop also. She's pacing around her enclosure every night now, her operculum is getting "puffy", there's an organ (not sure of the name) that is getting more pronounced under her pectines and you can see the brood in there wanting out (pictures below)...

C. vittatus brood
C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! 20130625_233748

C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! 20130625_233806

P. trans
C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! 20130623_211303

C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! 20130625_234429
Back to top Go down
F1refly
Hadogenes
F1refly

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-05-27

PostSubject: Re: C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!   C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty6/26/2013, 3:18 pm

That is very interesting. I've always been interested in the pictures just before birth and during birth in scorpions, and I mean proper pictures. Yours is very nice. Looks just about to pop
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!   C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty6/26/2013, 3:51 pm

congrats!
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!   C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty6/26/2013, 6:02 pm

Nice and congrats! I would say your P.trasvaalicus is very close, time to stock up on deli cups Smile
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!   C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty6/26/2013, 6:08 pm

I have a few extra storage containers for my tackle box. I was actually gonna use that. Smile Nice and easy.

P trans have huge broods, typically, don't they? Pretty sure I read that earlier.
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!   C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty6/26/2013, 6:11 pm

Broods of over 100 is not unheard of.
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!   C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty6/26/2013, 6:25 pm

Holy wow. Hope you guys are wanting P. trans slings! Sounds like I will have quite a few available soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!   C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay! Empty

Back to top Go down

C. vittatus. My first brood! Yay!
Page 1 of 1