The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

P. imperator Eating Habits & Lighting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StarFleetVeteran
Pandinus
StarFleetVeteran

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-05-12

P. imperator Eating Habits & Lighting Empty
PostSubject: P. imperator Eating Habits & Lighting   P. imperator Eating Habits & Lighting Empty5/13/2013, 1:25 am

I've got two questions first off that I hope maybe someone can help me with.

I got my P. imperator, Caesar, about three months ago. In that time, he has only eaten one (maybe two) large crickets that I've given to him. Is this normal?

My second question, and forgive me if this has already been asked somewhere, but do red heat lights negatively affect scorpions at all? I've had a white daylight heat bulb above him since I got him, and usually he hides in his little tunnel for the most part, but last night I got a red bulb, and all of a sudden he's all over the tank and climbing the walls like a spas. So I wasn't sure if somehow the light was bothering him, or if he is just thinking it's night all of the time now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

P. imperator Eating Habits & Lighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: P. imperator Eating Habits & Lighting   P. imperator Eating Habits & Lighting Empty5/13/2013, 1:46 am

They don't eat a whole lot at times...nothing to worry about. Drop a cricket in once a week...if it's still there after a day or two, take it out and try again in a week.

Red lights are perfect. Scorpions can't see red light, so they will wander around at night and you can see them. Just make sure it doesn't heat the enclosure too much. 85 to 90 is top end.

Welcome to the forum. Search some of the threads on Emperors...some great detailed info in there.
Back to top Go down

P. imperator Eating Habits & Lighting
Page 1 of 1