The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.

Go down 
+54
thegromgrom
~Abyss~
Yames
F1refly
toidy
jeblbej
Parabuthus21
Scorpion19981000
lmiller
shadowfoot
Andrew Leigh
meteor
shebeen
liocheles
shining
Obeah
Henderson
beene38
AnthonyNeubauer
tfleming
Annababe
leiurusSaleen820
Will3
Chrome
Jay
Cyanide
Streettrash
Bedlam
tlb_05
DolbyR
pluto
spinnin_tom
Envyizm
patrickm
Vin Diesel
BradPitbull
gudb0i
Buggs
Dracennights
*~BEX~*
levi
Mr. Mordax
Canth
Kristopher
Jorpion
Manser
Lester
TELOW
iitomodachi1
Kerrby
H. laoticus
Scott Land
anemiaffx
**GS**
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/4/2011, 11:15 am

pluto wrote:

My two only adult P. t. specimen as of now.
As you can see, determining sex on these is very easy. Males have huge pinchers whereas female have much more slender ones.
I do however have a question for one of the pros. As you can see my female is smaller than my male. The male however is HUGE 1.5x times the largest androctonus A I have.
What's it give when mating them? I'm affraid the male wil roflstomp the female tbh.
ps. those pots are 15cm across...
+1 yeah Males has massive pincers, usually sexual dimorphism such as this is significantly observed from 6th instar onwards.
Hence, if we wish to determine their sex before sexual dimorphism is clear on their chelas, the more accurate way is sexing via the pentines. Females has a "knob"
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 4i_to_5i_MoltSq16

Females usually has one more molt more then males. Do you know the exact instars of them bro? probably she can outgrow the male soon.
Even not, i believe the male will not be able to keep his "hands" off the female rather then stomping her (if they are both sexually mature) Laughing

tlb_05 wrote:
Guys do you think my P trans is on a pre-molt now?
Thanks for the help guys Smile
I love to see it molt Smile

Yes, in premolt. But if she is still eating and moving around, the molt might not happen soon.

Possible signs of a heavily premolt P.Trans (e.g. a molt will happen within the next 2-3 weeks)
- They'll started laying down still most of the time
- Tail is often in a relax position
- Rejecting prey
- Most importantly their chelas are bent more and more inwards towards her chelicerae (I'll post a pic on this soon)

With the above signs, i'll guess that a molt will happen within the next 2-3 weeks Smile

pluto wrote:
GS :
I have a question for you!
I have seen your Pt. have a black telson. My previous couple had almost black telsons too. They were adult.
The female, moustache is very big.. bigger than the ones I had, still she has a red telson and venom sac.
I have the suspicion that she is not yet adult. Imagine how big she would get, damn. Now friend, you have juvenile Pt too, right? Do they have red venom sacs/telsons?
Thanks
Cheers

Hey bro Smile
I'm not sure if color of the telson can be used to determined maturity of P.Trans like Emps.
As you might already know, P.Trans comes in different color morphs, hence a light morph adult P.Trans might not have a black telson. I'll post some pics soon Smile

Last edited by GS on 6/4/2011, 11:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/4/2011, 11:25 am

As promised guys, pictures time!

Parabuthus Transvaalicus Female, 8th Instar:

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 PTrans_F_8instar_4
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 PTrans_F_8instar_1
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 PTrans_F_8instar_2
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 PTrans_F_8instar_3

Parabuthus Transvaalicus Male, 7th Instar:

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 PTrans_M_7instar_1
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 PTrans_M_7instar_2
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 PTrans_M_7instar_3

Parabuthus Transvaalicus Handling Vid:
I was rehousing my Parabuthus Transvaalicus who has molted to 8th instar few weeks ago.
This vid features a size comparison of her on my fat palm and Yes, i'm definitely going to breed this MONSTER ... *finger crossed Smile
ps: I do not encourage anyone to handle them. There is always a risk in handling..
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/4/2011, 12:02 pm

wow great pics and vid! your braver than me lol i would not handle one of these Smile
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/4/2011, 12:14 pm

She is huge GS!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/4/2011, 12:51 pm

lol thanks for the swift response. I switched genders in a post before!
That is definately huge. I think my female (while big) is still in her 5th instar hence the brightred telson and the almost black body.

I hope she doesnt eat your males seeing them as a snack. Going to need superscorpion for her lol. Once again, great pics!

Btw, big balls mate. I have seen mine hit my tweezers 4x in a blink and got sprayed upon while at it. So even though I see you handling yours, I'll never handle mine. My guess is it does hurt when it decides to sink its tails in you.

But your handling was nice and smooth. Seems like a nice, huge girl
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/4/2011, 7:48 pm

Wow that female sure is huge Smile

Thanks for the response bro GS Smile

And btw youre cool Smile, handling such scorp Smile Amazing Smile Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/5/2011, 7:08 am

Gs, I noticed your big girl has a yellowish orange tail... she moulted not too long ago or is she a light coloured variant? Has she always been that light?

I might think there are lots of variants of parabuthus around and yours is a huge, lighter coloured variant..
Mine is smaller dark dark, red telson and vesicle...

But the difference is too big, to just be an accident of nature..
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/6/2011, 8:37 am

GS wrote:

Yes, in premolt. But if she is still eating and moving around, the molt might not happen soon.

Possible signs of a heavily premolt P.Trans (e.g. a molt will happen within the next 2-3 weeks)
- They'll started laying down still most of the time
- Tail is often in a relax position
- Rejecting prey
- Most importantly their chelas are bent more and more inwards towards her chelicerae (I'll post a pic on this soon)

With the above signs, i'll guess that a molt will happen within the next 2-3 weeks Smile

Shes still accepting food and Im afraid that her stomach is becoming more swollen

Is that still ok?

I saw her not moving for a while now with her tail down pointing to right/left

Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/6/2011, 10:33 am

That's no problem. Mine have their tails constantly up or to the left or right.
As for the bloaten stomach. This is normal too, scorpions look like sausages with legs before they moult.

Some individuals keep eating just to about a few days before a moult, some will fast for weeks.

Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/6/2011, 10:48 am

tlb_05 wrote:
Wow that female sure is huge Smile
Thanks for the response bro GS Smile
And btw youre cool Smile, handling such scorp Smile Amazing Smile Twisted Evil
*~BEX~* wrote:
wow great pics and vid! your braver than me lol i would not handle one of these Smile
pluto wrote:
lol thanks for the swift response. I switched genders in a post before!
That is definately huge. I think my female (while big) is still in her 5th instar hence the brightred telson and the almost black body.
I hope she doesnt eat your males seeing them as a snack. Going to need superscorpion for her lol. Once again, great pics!
Btw, big balls mate. I have seen mine hit my tweezers 4x in a blink and got sprayed upon while at it. So even though I see you handling yours, I'll never handle mine. My guess is it does hurt when it decides to sink its tails in you.

But your handling was nice and smooth. Seems like a nice, huge girl

Thanks guys but i must say honestly.. it doesn't prove anything like brave or cool.
I did it knowing what will happen to me if things get worse.. Good thinking for not trying this Very Happy

Streettrash wrote:
She is huge GS!
Yeah man.. you gotta love her tail my friend Smile
This is another angle to view her:
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Parabuthus_Transvaalicus_8i_by_GS_Pic5

pluto wrote:
Gs, I noticed your big girl has a yellowish orange tail... she moulted not too long ago or is she a light coloured variant? Has she always been that light?
I might think there are lots of variants of parabuthus around and yours is a huge, lighter coloured variant..
Mine is smaller dark dark, red telson and vesicle...
But the difference is too big, to just be an accident of nature..

You are right buddy. From what i know there's a light and a usual dark morph.
This 8i P.Trans just molted few weeks ago and currently she is fully florescent under black light. I'm leaning towards light morph but i can still see changes in her exo color tone so i guess i can only confirmed on this later.. Smile

tlb_05 wrote:
Shes still accepting food and Im afraid that her stomach is becoming more swollen
Is that still ok?
I saw her not moving for a while now with her tail down pointing to right/left

Hi tlb_05 Bro,
I strongly believe that you cannot overfeed a scorpion. She will stop feeding when she's full and its nothing to worry about Smile

As mentioned, when she's in heavy premolt, she'll stop feeding and pays little attention to the cricket/roach roaming around her. At most. she'll just irritably flicks them away using her tail. She'll lie still most of the time and you'll not see her take her night stroll around the enclosure anymore.

At most, in the different time while you checked on her.. you just get to see her "laying still" in a different spot.. lolz
When shes laying still, her tail is frequently adopting the relaxed position.. but if you happen to touch her lightly from behind with a pair of tongs.. she'll pick up her tail and moves alittle.. and shortly.. her tail will go back to relax position
(note: this is different from the dying signs of tail dragging scorpion)

Finally, i've observed that for deserts scorps like P.Trans, A.Bicolor, A.Australis..
When they are in heavy premolt.. they will adopt a special position whereby her chela are bent more and more inwards their chelicerae (althought might not be true for all keepers) as the day of molting gets nearer.. i'll dig out a picture to post it soon.. Smile

Btw its my advise not to leave a cricket in a premolt scorpion's enclosure, and not disabling their(cricket) hind legs) roach nymphs are okay, if you are still worried, just throw in a small piece of cat food in the enclosure Smile

pluto wrote:
That's no problem. Mine have their tails constantly up or to the left or right.
As for the bloaten stomach. This is normal too, scorpions look like sausages with legs before they moult.

Some individuals keep eating just to about a few days before a moult, some will fast for weeks.

+1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/6/2011, 11:41 am

FREAK OF NATURE Twisted Evil i like her
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/6/2011, 12:48 pm

I want one shes gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/6/2011, 6:51 pm

GS wrote:

Hi tlb_05 Bro,
I strongly believe that you cannot overfeed a scorpion. She will stop feeding when she's full and its nothing to worry about Smile

As mentioned, when she's in heavy premolt, she'll stop feeding and pays little attention to the cricket/roach roaming around her. At most. she'll just irritably flicks them away using her tail. She'll lie still most of the time and you'll not see her take her night stroll around the enclosure anymore.

At most, in the different time while you checked on her.. you just get to see her "laying still" in a different spot.. lolz
When shes laying still, her tail is frequently adopting the relaxed position.. but if you happen to touch her lightly from behind with a pair of tongs.. she'll pick up her tail and moves alittle.. and shortly.. her tail will go back to relax position
(note: this is different from the dying signs of tail dragging scorpion)

Finally, i've observed that for deserts scorps like P.Trans, A.Bicolor, A.Australis..
When they are in heavy premolt.. they will adopt a special position whereby her chela are bent more and more inwards their chelicerae (althought might not be true for all keepers) as the day of molting gets nearer.. i'll dig out a picture to post it soon.. Smile

Thanks bro GS Smile everything you said is the way shes acting now Smile often laying still at her enclo or hiding under her home and shes even like a sloth Smile Thanks bro Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/7/2011, 9:58 am

*~BEX~* wrote:
I want one shes gorgeous!

I got a very strong feeling that her brood will not be in time to ease your "itch" of attaining this specie.
Most likely pluto bro is able to pass you some sooner that i can.. hahaz

tlb_05 wrote:
Thanks bro GS Smile everything you said is the way shes acting now Smile often laying still at her enclo or hiding under her home and shes even like a sloth Smile Thanks bro Smile

Good to hear bro Smile
They'll never fail to impress you with every molt they went through Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/7/2011, 11:52 am

Bro Pluto got a stubborn, yet beautiful Pt girl.. She doesnt want to get it on. Or she is gravid already, not yet adult or the male is a retard.

Anyway, even if they do mate.. the offspring will never get as big as yours if she'd get babies, which I stated above.. she truely is a BEAUTIFUL FREAK OF NATURE.

If you ever get kids from that big one, I pay whatever you want for some tinies. I will even make a photo of me doing the "goat" if you want as an extra..

Sis Bex, keep bothering bro GS to reproduce his female Pt.... Maybe he will finally submit to your needs lol

Parabuthus ftw
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/7/2011, 1:20 pm

pluto wrote:
Bro Pluto got a stubborn, yet beautiful Pt girl.. She doesnt want to get it on. Or she is gravid already, not yet adult or the male is a retard.

Anyway, even if they do mate.. the offspring will never get as big as yours if she'd get babies, which I stated above.. she truely is a BEAUTIFUL FREAK OF NATURE.

If you ever get kids from that big one, I pay whatever you want for some tinies. I will even make a photo of me doing the "goat" if you want as an extra..

Sis Bex, keep bothering bro GS to reproduce his female Pt.... Maybe he will finally submit to your needs lol

Parabuthus ftw

hahaz.. I'll be most willing to send you guys some if ever i got lucky with her(8i on my fist) and another 8i female that i had as spare. That being said, it might be still quite some time in the future.. probably 6-9 months. Most likely yours will give brood first Smile If you guys are still interested then, i'm all out! Very Happy

i'm seriously in love with your A.bicolors' and P. Metallica projects and bex sis' cute Euscorpius flavicaudis scorplings! haha

Cheers,
GS
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/7/2011, 1:42 pm

where are you guys though? pluto you Belgium yeah? where are you Gs? Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/7/2011, 1:50 pm

I live in Belgium yes, we do fedex worldwide, with some good wrapping up!
Near 100% live arrivals. I do have some doubts with a shipment of mine to Sweden now.

I had one of the slings moulting from i2 to i3 just now. If they do it inside the paper boxes during flight, I hope they got no turbulence
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/7/2011, 1:54 pm

pluto wrote:
I live in Belgium yes, we do fedex worldwide, with some good wrapping up!
Near 100% live arrivals. I do have some doubts with a shipment of mine to Sweden now.

I had one of the slings moulting from i2 to i3 just now. If they do it inside the paper boxes during flight, I hope they got no turbulence

cool wont be a problem getting stuff from you then lol that order we had coming from germany took ages (like over ten days coz of bank holidays and stuff) yet the scorpions were all fine Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/7/2011, 1:56 pm

Bex, you get myself in a box with them.. personally. I bet you are happy now lol
They did arrive? COol! 10 days is really long, I might even say it takes that long to ship to the us...

Lol

Bad timing! Glad they are all ok though!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/9/2011, 6:07 pm

Never taunt the parabuthus!
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Ptaunt
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/14/2011, 12:17 am

Awesome shots!

Btw bro, do you know the exact instar of your female?
Have a top shot of your P.Trans pair side by side?

I asked because i think your P.Trans female might be refusing to mate either because she's gravid(like your A.bicolor) or she has one more molt to go.. of cos, there might be other reasons as well.. these are the more common ones..

Well, the issue is less likely to be the male.. cos he's got the charm! lolz

If there are updates to your pair that i've missed out, let me know Very Happy

Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/14/2011, 4:06 am

Gs!

Thanks for helping out. I might think she needs one more moult, she looks very fresh and some colors just are not right. I don't think the male has convinced her yet lol.

He gets hammered away.. nothing too serious but he tried to grasp her a few times and I think she is just not ready for it yet. She is smaller than he is (very little difference, but females are supposed to be larger), so...

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Ptranscouple
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Scorpiontanks

ANyway, got to run! Money has to keep flowing.. Cheers again
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/14/2011, 5:09 am

No prob bro. Sharing info is want we can do to spread the hobby! Smile
Yeah i think mostly likely she'll have one more molt to go. She'll get much bigger for sure.

I have captured a vid 2 months earlier before my 7th instar female turned 8th. Its the first mating attempt for the 7th instar pair. She rejected the male completely.. i'll post up it up shortly.. might bring some light to your situation..
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty6/14/2011, 5:10 am

This is a pair of 7th instar P.Trans. Female is the bigger one but apparantly, she has one more molt to go before she will... "WANT SOME" Smile

Parabuthus Transvaalicus Mating Vid 1 - "Refusal to Mate"

Last edited by GS on 6/14/2011, 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.
Page 12 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next