The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***

Go down 
+5
binksyboy3
Michael Andersen
The-New-Guy
Chrome
covel42
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
covel42
Pandinus

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-11

LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty
PostSubject: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/11/2009, 8:10 pm

was cleaning out some dead crickets and my female scorpion shimmied out of her terrarium and ran through a gap iunder my skirting board

what do i do???

how can i lure her out????

Last edited by covel42 on 10/6/2009, 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 5:26 am

if theres only one way in or out of there i would suggest putting something like a tupperware container with high sides on its side in front of the opening with a hide in it and hope for the best, also a couple crickets with legs ripped off might help out a bit too. But other than that the absolute best way is to gently rip away the boarding to get at it then nail the skirting back in place when you're done. not much else you can do.

edit: maybe put a heat source pointed at the container if the inside of your skirting is a cold place, they like warm rather than cold.
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 6:32 am

thanks for the advice. unluckily she is fasting at the moment.

im devastated she was a really nice specimen oging on 8 inches. got an old cricket container there with a hide in

fingers crossed!!!
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 11:47 am

that really is a odd and hard situation, i reckon the best bet is what chrome said about the heatsource is a good idea, how much room does she have down there to move around? id suggest just ripping it up, putting a light source down there and if you have a camera to put it down there and move it around in each direction slowly to see if you can spot her on camera down there, atleast then you have a rough idea of where she is
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 11:49 am

its an old house. realy sturdy skirting boards and a warren of little tunneels

i think its safe to say she's flown (crawled?) the coup.

now i need a new girlfriend for my male lol
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 11:50 am

I just thought of something else, water source, if she needs water she most deffinatly will go looking for it, that could play to your advantage aswell
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 11:51 am

how do they locate water, smell??? if so thast a brillainta idea
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 11:53 am

You know im not 100% on how they do, what id say to do is put a water source down there and maybe splash some water around down there, she will know there is water around that way i would think and will be forced to go locate it, but im not 100% sure, ill try look it up
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 11:57 am

ive sprayed water around the opening and left a jam jar of water in my barricade lol

there is a hide there and my room is warm

i think ive covered everything.......now the waiting game
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 12:04 pm

If you dont wanna start ripping the floor up then yeah looks like you covered everything, im hoping she comes back up for you, i cant imagen theres any water sources under your floors so i think on that one you deffinatly got a good chance.

Im not 100% sure about what im about to say cause i don't know, but when i want my scorpions to come out from hiding i have this bit of tape i wave around in there which they actually play around with grabbing and pulling it, they are quite familiar to it i would think but thats going into like if scorpions remember certain things and stuff which i dont know anything about, is there anything that would stand out in her enclosure or anything you can think of? Again i might just be talking rubbish but i dont know lol
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 12:06 pm

trouble is she's pregnant and incredibly defensive so i think if i tried she'd run further. this has got to be one of the wierdest issues ive ever had.

im checking my shoes before i put them on......in britain lol
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 12:07 pm

Yeah best to check the shoes lol, and are you located in britain? If so then a heat source would also deffinatly play to your advantage
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 12:08 pm

definitely.....ill crank up the heating. thank for the help New-Guy. if she returns u get get first shout on the scorplings lol
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 12:16 pm

Well thankyou very much, i wouldn't say no to another lol, but yeah i really do hope she comes back for you, mine are only sub adults atm, but they're living it up in a 3 foot fish tank lol, but anyway yeah i really do hope she comes back for you
Back to top Go down
Michael Andersen
Hadogenes
Michael Andersen

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 2:29 pm

.Yea! good luck man!
Back to top Go down
http://tarantulaworld.freeforums.org
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/12/2009, 8:02 pm

Hope she makes it but without a pic of the skirting board where she's gone i can't tell you your chances of getting her back. Remember, nocturnal...ish....
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/13/2009, 2:33 am

nono, don't crank up your heating, if anything turn it down and then point aheat lamp or put a heat pad on the jar or whatever your using with the hide. If your house and the crawlspace are cold enough it will seek heat, and if the jar is the best place with heat thats the first place it'll go. It's your best bet, if you turn the heat up in your house it will think where it is is warm enough to stay.
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/13/2009, 3:00 pm

still nothing as yet but ill try your idea chrome

ill keep you informed
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/13/2009, 4:02 pm

what about a pic of the skirting board?
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/13/2009, 5:25 pm

LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Dscn0011

u can see the gap underneath in the corner. ive got a fishtank over the hole with a heat mat underneath with a hide inside
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/14/2009, 5:11 am

Only advice I can give is to be patient.

I've lost one of my scorpions before too, so I know how stressful it can be.
Back to top Go down
PaperTiger
Babycurus
PaperTiger

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/14/2009, 5:45 am

binksyboy3 wrote:
what about a pic of the skirting board?
That is a fantastic idea and could be beneficial in retrieving it.
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/14/2009, 9:37 am

pic of skirting board is in my last post
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/14/2009, 10:07 am

looks to be a very small gap which is at a disadvantage, you obviously cant get a good look in there, i dont even know what to suggest now, i think your deffinatly on the ball with the water, i cant imagen shes found any around where shes gone
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty9/14/2009, 10:31 am

yeah me either. i think ill just have to wait and see. thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***   LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!*** Empty

Back to top Go down

LOST MY EMEPEROR HELP!!!! ***UPDATE FOUND!!!***
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next