The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

best feeder roches

Go down 
+2
KingRex
sliprep66
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sliprep66
Babycurus
sliprep66

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2008-06-05

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty6/13/2008, 7:49 am

I was thinking about starting a colony of Turkestan Roaches if their is any thing better then these? ve heard Dubia are good but cant get any info of the internet just a hole thing of bla.
Back to top Go down
KingRex
Pandinus
KingRex

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-16

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: Re: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty7/20/2008, 12:48 am

I would not recommend eithor lats or lobs as feeders, I've had bad experiences with both. Last spring I bought 1doz lobsters to see how they were as feeders. Well four months later I was cleaning out my chameleons enclosure and was shocked to find +50 under his potted tree. The colony must have started form only 2 or three individuals that escaped, and had no food, water heat or humidity, that wasn't given to my cham.

I also recently bought 250 B.lateralis, it wasn't untill after I got them that I learned that this sp is classified as one that can infest your home. Even though they are "topical" they can still breed at room temp. I realized this when I noticed many nymphs (that I hadn't unpacked) in my colony that was kept around 75o. Just thought I'd give you some fore warning

This past Feb I started a B.dubia colony and am quite pleased with it. I feed mine off pretty quickly and the colony is just about to have a solid foundation six months later. They are quite easy to keep, can't climb glass or plastic, low oder and come in sizes from 1/8" to 3". They are definatly what I'd recomend for a great feeder. ~ Rex
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: Re: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty7/20/2008, 7:30 am

personally i have never had a problem with lobster roaches iv been using them as feeders for my reptiles for about 5 years, i would like to try some dubai's but iv never seen them over here.
Back to top Go down
_Nagash_
Centruroides
_Nagash_

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-17

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: Re: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty7/20/2008, 10:23 am

I vote B.dubia. Nice feeders. They produce a little less than lobsters, but are safer as they won`t infest your home.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: Re: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty7/20/2008, 12:25 pm

The only problem I have with dubia is their tendency to burrow. Lats don't, but lats also run really fast (enough to outrun some of my arthropods).
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: Re: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty7/20/2008, 12:56 pm

lobsters run pretty fast thus the reason i stick to locusts for my T's and scorpions
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: Re: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty7/20/2008, 1:06 pm

Lobsters run fast AND burrow -- but they work good for my widows. No substrate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: Re: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty7/20/2008, 1:17 pm

i keep my dubia is a water-tank with no subtrate only eggtrays.. works perfect and easy to catch and clean.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

best feeder roches Empty
PostSubject: Re: best feeder roches   best feeder roches Empty

Back to top Go down

best feeder roches
Page 1 of 1