The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

3i imps (communal or single)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-03-07

3i imps (communal or single) Empty
PostSubject: 3i imps (communal or single)   3i imps (communal or single) Empty3/19/2013, 11:10 am

Is it better to keep them individually or communally

I have 4 of them together at the moment but not sure if this is the best option

Thanks
Back to top Go down
chrisc
Centruroides
chrisc

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-02-12

PostSubject: Re: 3i imps (communal or single)   3i imps (communal or single) Empty3/19/2013, 1:35 pm

i have 3 that are 3rd or 4th instar living together an have been fine for the month or 2 they ahve been in there, all 3 look to be going into moult at the same time aswell
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: 3i imps (communal or single)   3i imps (communal or single) Empty3/19/2013, 1:49 pm

I had them all really fat and for some reason they have become skinny. Now i just found one dead or close to it. I think its that they are not eating for some reason. Have tried everything from crushed crickets and roaches to chopped mealworms.

Not sure what to do to get them to eat
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 3i imps (communal or single)   3i imps (communal or single) Empty3/19/2013, 2:10 pm

shaneshac wrote:
I had them all really fat and for some reason they have become skinny. Now i just found one dead or close to it. I think its that they are not eating for some reason. Have tried everything from crushed crickets and roaches to chopped mealworms.

Not sure what to do to get them to eat

Ummm, have you tried live food? Razz

Emps are communal. I have an adult, sub-adult(possibly 5-6i), and a juvenile(3-4i) in the same enclosure. And before that, I had a gravid female in there with them.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: 3i imps (communal or single)   3i imps (communal or single) Empty3/19/2013, 2:12 pm

Yes, they run away from live food. Even the smallest crickets and they run for cover
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 3i imps (communal or single)   3i imps (communal or single) Empty3/19/2013, 3:11 pm

Just leave the prey in there for a few days. If they die take them out and if they dont get eaten after 3 days or so also take them out. Emps can go a long time without eating especially if in premolt.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
chrisc
Centruroides
chrisc

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-02-12

PostSubject: Re: 3i imps (communal or single)   3i imps (communal or single) Empty3/19/2013, 3:15 pm

i just chuck 4 or 5 cricket's in with mine and leave them to it, their usually all gone after a few day's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3i imps (communal or single)   3i imps (communal or single) Empty

Back to top Go down

3i imps (communal or single)
Page 1 of 1