The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?

Go down 
+3
shanos
DolbyR
jarvis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jarvis
Pandinus
jarvis

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-09-01

P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty
PostSubject: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/7/2011, 3:56 am

I currently have a 55 gallon tank that is home to a mature breeding pair of H. Swammerdami's, I was considering giving them a few new room mates. I was thinking of putting a breeding pair of P. imps in there with them, I guess I was wondering if they will be alright to keep with H. Swammerdamis? I'm not a huge fan of P. Imps since they are such pet holes, but I wouldn't mind keeping them if they can cohabitat with my h. Swammerdamis. Of course I will be checking on them daily and would be removing the mnothers when they start to show that they are gravid. I will also be adding another breeding pair of H. Swammerdamis to then tank whenever I find another pair.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/7/2011, 4:10 am

I wouldn´t risk it. My best guess is that the Swammerdamis will kill the emps. Your tank is huge though. Couldn´t you maybe split it?
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/7/2011, 11:10 am

i agree with dolby
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/7/2011, 11:31 am

I think it would be possible. I would test their reaction to eachother in a plastic bin first though. I remember seeing pics of the two right next to eachother. At one point the emp was sitting on top of the swammie. As long as they are about the same size, I think it would be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/7/2011, 11:35 am

You have gotten clear and good advice. It is up to you to do with it what you want..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
jarvis
Pandinus
jarvis

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/7/2011, 3:20 pm

thanks I will try it out in a smaller tank first before putting them all into the 55 gal. I guess if it dosen't work I'll have some very cheap P. imps for sale.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/8/2011, 5:23 am

Bang Head
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/8/2011, 5:24 am

yes that would work,put in some c.gracilis as well and a breeding pair of dubias and youll have a happy dysfunctional family and a never ending supply of food.haaaaaaaa

but seriously whats the point of doing it?as an experiment to wait for the inevitable?
are you trying to create a "fight club".dont do that to the emps maaan,they're the sweet puppies of scorps.

i would just add some more of the h.swams for a community to be honest or split the tank like Dolbyr mentioned.
i believe you knew the answer to this before you posted it.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/8/2011, 10:13 am

Yes, actually politely said. Its not worth losing beautiful scorps, while a simple solution is at hand. Btw, if you want to try them crossbreeding, forget it. These species have other pheromones and what not. They will eat each other instead of making sweet sweet love and getting bastard babies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/8/2011, 3:00 pm

Dont do it. Poor emps..
Back to top Go down
jarvis
Pandinus
jarvis

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/8/2011, 11:51 pm

I'm not trying to cross breed the sp. or give them a interesting meal, I have seen pics of both of them in the same tank and stacked on top of each other on the net before and I have herd that they can be kept communaly together with out any problems. I just want to give them some new room mates and considering that Imps are alot easier to find in the US than another pair of H. Swammerdami, I thought it would be interesting to see if they truly can be kept communaly. Like I said before i'm not a huge fan of P. imps and was only considering keeping them if they truely can be kept with H. Swammerdami. I thought I would ask if anyone else has tried this before and how it went, before I gave it a try.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/9/2011, 12:46 am

how did your obt communal setup go?
pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttt

i dont believe anyone has tried it because its pointless.two different species of big black scorpions that look similar.

the only roommates they need is their partner and some feeders buddy.

if you do try it please let us know what happens so we can say we told you so or hmmmm thats interesting it worked cool.
Back to top Go down
jarvis
Pandinus
jarvis

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty9/9/2011, 4:57 pm

shining wrote:
how did your obt communal setup go?
pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttt

i dont believe anyone has tried it because its pointless.two different species of big black scorpions that look similar.

the only roommates they need is their partner and some feeders buddy.

if you do try it please let us know what happens so we can say we told you so or hmmmm thats interesting it worked cool.

lol. Yeah the communal OBT project actualy did fine while they were juvies, however once they became mature and started mating everything changed, I would diffenatly recommend a larger tank than what I was using once they get mature (I had 4 in a 5 gal), but the small tank method does work best for them, if anyone is inclined to give it a try.
I do get your point, however I am still just considering it for right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?   P. imps and H. Swammerdamis? Empty

Back to top Go down

P. imps and H. Swammerdamis?
Page 1 of 1