The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty
PostSubject: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/23/2011, 6:05 pm

I have 3 P. Imps in a 20 gallon and theirs 2 at the shop, that are not being taken care of. I know we've heard this story a thousand times that the pet shops don't know what the hell they're doing and I have a friend who works their and he admits that the Scorpions usually sit there for awhile until someones willing to come along and snatch them.

Any ways, what are your thoughts on keeping 5 in a 20? I really don't have space right now for more tanks.

Also I know the whole process of moving everything around and then adding them for mutual territory and better chances of them coinciding with others.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/23/2011, 8:18 pm

Like you said, you should re-do the tank, but five in 20 gal should be fine. Is it a 20 long, or 20 high?
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/23/2011, 8:36 pm

Streettrash wrote:
Like you said, you should re-do the tank, but five in 20 gal should be fine. Is it a 20 long, or 20 high?

It's a long. Yeah I'll rearrange because this is the 3rd time I'll be rescuing Scorps from these imbeciles.

I'm asking because some people say one full Emperor should have 2.5 gallons and others say one should have 5. I was just seeing other views to take into consideration. One person told me 6 is good for a 20 long but I kinda don't want to fill it to capacity just so they have the extra space.

I'm probably gonna end up doing, unless convinced other wise. More opinions?
Back to top Go down
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/24/2011, 1:02 am

I think 5 might be a little crowded, 3 is a good number in my opinion. I'm a big fan of 10 gallon tank and I am planning on just keeping 1 scorp per 10 gallon.

Emps tend to get pretty big, if they are smaller it could be fine for a while but you might need to upgrade once they get to adult size.

Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/24/2011, 12:14 pm

junosama wrote:
I think 5 might be a little crowded, 3 is a good number in my opinion. I'm a big fan of 10 gallon tank and I am planning on just keeping 1 scorp per 10 gallon.

Emps tend to get pretty big, if they are smaller it could be fine for a while but you might need to upgrade once they get to adult size.

The 3 I have are adult sized. The one at the pet store looks Preadult or adult and the other looks the same.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/24/2011, 12:15 pm

Might be good to keep an eye on the smaller ones as they will be bullied, or worse...
But a tank that big does not provoke cannibalism, I'm sure
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/25/2011, 11:50 am

My problem with "rescues" is it just gives the store more business to stock more and treat them just as bad.

Anywho, 5 should be decent in a 20, but it may start to get crowded. If they all hang out in the same hide I wouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/25/2011, 1:30 pm

Even if they go into the same hide, they just crawl ontop of each other. I find my andros under the same slate over and under and beside curled up...

I wouldnt worry indeed.

I never buy from shops. The animals are badly treated and as you said, it gives them plenty more room if you 'save' some. The cages will be quickly replenished by others...

I once saw a Regalis spider adult male, being advertised as juvi female inside a box of 10x15x15 without anything to hide nor climb. No shadow, no drinking dish.

It was the saddest possible enclosure imaginable, still I did not buy it to save it. It was horribly cheap though. I wonder why.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty5/25/2011, 6:29 pm

You guys are right, kill one save a thousand then. :/ Still sucks though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?   5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon? Empty

Back to top Go down

5 P. Imps in a 20 gallon?
Page 1 of 1