The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yareidde
Pandinus
yareidde

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-10-09

Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern Empty
PostSubject: Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern   Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern Empty12/5/2012, 12:08 pm

Hey guys! Just had a quick question about my Hadrurus arizonensis.
First off, the conditions in the tank are generally about 88-92 degrees in the day and about 78-83 at night. And in general it is pretty bone dry, aside from the last about 3 inches of sand being a little damp (I read having a humidity gradient is always good as they dig).

Okay, now my question. I know they love to burrow. But she has been in one of her tunnels for about 4 straight days. And my concern is that the entrance to the tunnel appears to have collapsed. Should I be concerned? Perhaps she is getting ready to molt?

Thank you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/yareidde
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern   Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern Empty12/5/2012, 1:03 pm

Normal behavior, nothing to worry about. She could be getting ready for a molt or just packing it in for the winter. Last winter, after I stopped heating her enclosure, my Haddy blocked up her main burrow entrance and didn't come out for 3 months.
Back to top Go down
yareidde
Pandinus
yareidde

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern   Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern Empty12/5/2012, 1:13 pm

Awesome! Thank you dude! (:
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/yareidde
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern   Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern Empty

Back to top Go down

Hadrurus arizonensis question/concern
Page 1 of 1