The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?

Go down 
+2
TELOW
the lycan mikey
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty
PostSubject: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 1:13 pm

Hey all!

I currently have one Hadrurus Arizonensis male and I would really like a female too... I met this guy who apparently had a lot of them and he was willing to sell me a female. He told me that his Hadrurus Arizonensis all lived together in one enclosure without any problems at all! This surprised me as I had heard that this species couldn't live together without turning on eachother! But if it is possible I would really like to keep them together!

So does anyone have EXPERIENCE with keeping them together and how did that go?
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 1:58 pm

René wrote:
Hey all!

I currently have one Hadrurus Arizonensis male and I would really like a female too... I met this guy who apparently had a lot of them and he was willing to sell me a female. He told me that his Hadrurus Arizonensis all lived together in one enclosure without any problems at all! This surprised me as I had heard that this species couldn't live together without turning on eachother! But if it is possible I would really like to keep them together!

So does anyone have EXPERIENCE with keeping them together and how did that go?

can he actually prove this?
because it goes against everything ive ever read about them

i think 1 female and 1 male wouldnt hurt anything, until the female became gravid lol...
but than again, i only have internet research to go on with this theory...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 2:03 pm

Well, I haven't seen it...

Saw some films on youtube though where atleast 2 were together, but for all i know that could be seconds before they eat eachother cyclops
Back to top Go down
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 2:30 pm

i tried that with H.spadix and i only had body parts left the next day
and 4 scorps out of 10 were all that was left and they were in a 50 gal tank with alot of hides and everything it was a crappy day but i wouldnt try it
unless you have 1.1 and your going to breed them but even then i would babysit them until they are done doing the deed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 2:49 pm

That doesn't sounds good, fuck i would be pissed if that happened to me!
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 2:52 pm

about 3 years ago my mate had 2 Hadrurus Arizonensis, 1 male 1 female and like what lycan mikey said they were fine with each other untill the female was gravid because she killed the male. if you do get a female keep a close eye on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 3:11 pm

Hmm... How about if I get another male so it's 2 males instead, would that eliminate the problem you think?
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 5:05 pm

i think 2 males wouldnt be a good idea, my mate said the male and female got on fine it was just after they mated the female went bezerk lol how much is the dealer asking for one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 5:25 pm

We are about to get one I don't think it's worth the risk trying them cummunally to be honest I would only put a mate in to breed briefly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 5:45 pm

Manser wrote:
i think 2 males wouldnt be a good idea, my mate said the male and female got on fine it was just after they mated the female went bezerk lol how much is the dealer asking for one?

About 25£ (to put it in your currency)!
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 5:49 pm

René wrote:
Hmm... How about if I get another male so it's 2 males instead, would that eliminate the problem you think?
lol if you want the problem to multiply, that sounds like the fastest way
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 7:29 pm

either;
listen to peoples experience and be careful, you dont want to find one of them dead
or go ahead and do it, keep a close eye on them, and then keep us updated on how they do.

personally i would carefully introduce them to breed and watch them carefully. remember, in the wild if they want to run they can, in your tank they cant escape.

i know from breeding mantids that when you want them to breed you put the male and the (well fed) female on a plant together in a room and leave them to it and put them back the next day. the male has a whole room to escape in but they still get eaten occasionally. i would expect its the same with these scorpions.
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty11/2/2010, 7:48 pm

I've seen people house about 10 together of the same brood, but never of different broods, even mating them is an uneasy experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?   Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hadrurus Arizonensis: More together?
Page 1 of 1