The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

scorplings not eating

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joelportillo
Pandinus
Joelportillo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-09-02

scorplings not eating Empty
PostSubject: scorplings not eating   scorplings not eating Empty11/7/2012, 2:01 pm

I have 4 little scorplings that my emp gave me before she died. Everything seems fine on them but it has been more the a month thaT the haven't eaten I put headcrushed little crickets as I have usually done.
Any comment opinion or even a rebuke leading to the why aren't they eating
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating   scorplings not eating Empty11/7/2012, 2:09 pm

If you had them in the right husbandry, most likely, it's just because that they aren't hungry at all.

Do they look like this in terms of their mass?

scorplings not eating Heterometrus_spinifer_4i_by_GS_pic11

Some pictures would be great for others to advice you better.
Back to top Go down
Joelportillo
Pandinus
Joelportillo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-09-02

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating   scorplings not eating Empty11/7/2012, 2:19 pm

No they are smaller they are in their third month I guess.
My concern is that one of them four molted and got bigger but the other three have not and but they haven't eaten though and I read that they loose a lot of energy when they molt.
Should I keep put food to see if they eat or I just leave them by themselves for a few days more?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating   scorplings not eating Empty11/7/2012, 2:37 pm

You might need to organized your paragraph a little. Let me know if i did not get you correctly.

Joelportillo wrote:
My concern is that one of them four molted and got bigger but the other three have not and but they haven't eaten though

If "the other three" is close to their next molt, they would not feed that frequent and most likely will stop feeding completely one to two weeks prior to a molt.

Joelportillo wrote:
and I read that they loose a lot of energy when they molt.
You can put it that way. Each time after a scorpion has just molted, do not worry that it will starve if it does not eat immediately. On average, they should start feeding once their exp-skeleton has fully hardened about 7-14 days after their recent molt.

Joelportillo wrote:
Should I keep put food to see if they eat or I just leave them by themselves for a few days more?
When dealing with scorpions which might be approaching a molt or has just recently molted, it'll always be good to offer head-crushed feeders unless you are there at all the feeding session and religiously remove uneaten feeders immediately and not leave them overnight in the same enclosure as your scorpions.
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating   scorplings not eating Empty11/21/2012, 1:07 am

What temperature do you keep them at? Maybe think about keeping them at the upper end of the range to stimulate them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating   scorplings not eating Empty

Back to top Go down

scorplings not eating
Page 1 of 1