The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

scorplings not eating!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
deluna-tic
Pandinus
deluna-tic

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-20

scorplings not eating! Empty
PostSubject: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/10/2008, 11:45 am

after work i noticed alittle surprise. all of the babies where walking around exploring and it's only been a week since they were on her back. so i carefully seperated them into their own little nusery, so now i have 13 little white babies walking around. none of them are dark at all, and i noticed the left over molt on her back. i put some tiny crickets in there to see if they were going to eat or at least try to eat. and nothing, they seemed to be scared and freaking out when the cricket got near them. next i put a couple of headless crickets at night and this morning they were still in the same place where i left them. i tried to put mom back in with them but she just ignored them and they seemed like they didnt care either. now my question is what do i do next? is there another method of feeding or should i just leave them alone and let them eat when they want.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/10/2008, 11:52 am

Your scorpions are obviosly deformed...you need to put a little gas into the enclosure make sure you add a lot of dead leaves and then light it on fire making sure these never see light again....JK Razz.

It's normal for the scorps not to eat right away. I recomend feeding the babies fruitflies only because they don't freak the scorps out as much. If you want to continue what your doing let them be for a while and then try feeding them again in a few days. Don't try to feed them everyday you'll just stress them out.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/10/2008, 12:23 pm

They may not have fully hardened yet, either. Just give them some time and try feeding once a week or so.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/10/2008, 12:30 pm

My babies came off the back at 2 weeks and 1 day but it wasnt until 5 days had past that I removed them from mum. Some were still whiteish, while others browning.
I offered headless crickets. They didnt have ANY problems going for that!

When all were brown and a couple of weeks later I put in live food and all were fine

xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/10/2008, 12:57 pm

a little of topic but WOW connie you got the highest post count from all the members here. Not counting admins(IHeart is a postitute). Might come up with a way to reward you for that....I'll pm you later.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/10/2008, 1:01 pm

*laughs*

wow. I didnt know I had posted so much! I didnt even noticed. *blushes*
I spend too much time on here im sure

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/10/2008, 3:34 pm

Hmmm i must be the mod with close to none posts Very Happy hehe

But mate try using mealworms cut in half.. i offer that to my Het scorplings and that worked on perfectly.. Very Happy or fruitflies as Eddy said, i use fruitflies for my Baby jacksonies they love them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
deluna-tic
Pandinus
deluna-tic

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/10/2008, 4:34 pm

thanks for the help, appriciate that!

Appreciate

Appreciate
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty4/11/2008, 11:55 am

Im sure that if you dont want to nor can get some wingless fruitflies, your babies will be very happy to munch on headless crickets *put the head in as that doesnt need to be wasted*
and your little ones will be well fed and happy happy happy

xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scorplings not eating!   scorplings not eating! Empty

Back to top Go down

scorplings not eating!
Page 1 of 1