The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

C. Vittatus is dead

Go down 
+3
shadowfoot
tfleming
RTHalcyonDays
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RTHalcyonDays
Pandinus
RTHalcyonDays

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-08-15

C. Vittatus is dead Empty
PostSubject: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty8/24/2012, 9:04 am

I'm not sure what happened, but he was alive last night, and I get up this morning to find him with his tail completely stretched out and not moving. Poke him a bit and nothing, flip him over and he doesn't move. I'm not sure what happened at all, but I'm sad. My first scorpion and I barely kept him a month Sad
Back to top Go down
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty8/24/2012, 9:34 am

Do you have any life history? WC, CB, what instar. Even with all this info it will be hard to determine cause of death.

Sorry for your loss!!!
Back to top Go down
RTHalcyonDays
Pandinus
RTHalcyonDays

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty8/24/2012, 10:00 am

He was wild caught, fully grown at the time. He was used to his new home and finally eating again, so this was a bit of a surprise.

I'm going to get an Emperor at some point in the next few months. I've always wanted one. I'll probably name him Boomer also after my little C. Vit
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty8/24/2012, 11:06 am

It could be a lot of things that could have killed him, from old age to stress to parasites etc.
Sorry for your loss man.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty8/24/2012, 12:37 pm

Sorry for your loss. RIP Could have just been old age, he was wild caught as an adult, so there was no way of knowing his age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
RTHalcyonDays
Pandinus
RTHalcyonDays

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty8/25/2012, 7:34 am

Nothing to do but move on. It was just really strange because he was becoming more active rather than less active. My father brought up the possibility that the cricket he ate might have had pesticide because he sprayed for bugs before I caught it. However I specifically kept the cricket isolated for that possibility, and when I was confident he wasn't poisoned I put him in, and Boomer didn't even eat him until about a day later, and even after he ate him he survived another week, seemingly more healthy than when I first got him. I guess however that this is the merit in buying specifically sold feeder crickets from retailers, which wasn't an option then because I have no car or job.

Oh well. I'll move on to a captive born Emp and get a proper setup for it, once I have the money.
Back to top Go down
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty8/25/2012, 9:07 am

That is a great possibility. I lost 2 emps that way. I don't feed anything to my scorps, but store bought crickets and dubia roaches that I raise myself.
Back to top Go down
2kewl
Pandinus
2kewl

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty9/20/2012, 11:55 am

RTHalcyonDays wrote:
Nothing to do but move on. It was just really strange because he was becoming more active rather than less active. My father brought up the possibility that the cricket he ate might have had pesticide because he sprayed for bugs before I caught it. However I specifically kept the cricket isolated for that possibility, and when I was confident he wasn't poisoned I put him in, and Boomer didn't even eat him until about a day later, and even after he ate him he survived another week, seemingly more healthy than when I first got him. I guess however that this is the merit in buying specifically sold feeder crickets from retailers, which wasn't an option then because I have no car or job.

Oh well. I'll move on to a captive born Emp and get a proper setup for it, once I have the money.

Hmmm.
27 years old, lives at home with no job or car and not enough $$ to buy a bag of crickets. Perhaps you should consider a pet rock as a starter pet and work your way up from there.
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty9/20/2012, 12:45 pm

2kewl wrote:
RTHalcyonDays wrote:

Hmmm.
27 years old, lives at home with no job or car and not enough $$ to buy a bag of crickets. Perhaps you should consider a pet rock as a starter pet and work your way up from there.

Wow, why so much hostility?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty9/20/2012, 2:24 pm

2kewl wrote:
RTHalcyonDays wrote:

Hmmm.

Hmmm.
Maybe you should consider reading through the forum rules again. A point has been noted to your account.
Be nice.

Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty9/20/2012, 2:29 pm

RTHalcyonDays wrote:
Nothing to do but move on. I'll move on to a captive born Emp and get a proper setup for it, once I have the money.

Sorry for your loss. It's always better (in my opinion) to get captive born specimen. Best experience comes from raising them from young instar all the way to adulthood. At least, it's always good to know that you're not having a scorpion which is at the end of it's life-cycle. Good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty9/20/2012, 10:01 pm

It's tough when we loose a little buddy but being an adult and wild caught I wouldn't hold yourself to blame. And maybe look into raising your own crickets? If you can catch a bunch start a colony and by the 3rd or 4th gen they will be as healthy as store bought. Give em a carrot to eat maybe potato slices and water in caps with gravel to prevent drowning. There are lots of online how to guides. So long as you like the brain melting chirp of a cricket it's kinda fun. As you may have noted I hate cricket colones.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C. Vittatus is dead   C. Vittatus is dead Empty

Back to top Go down

C. Vittatus is dead
Page 1 of 1