The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

pregnant Heterometrus?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fubujubu
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-04-19

pregnant Heterometrus? Empty
PostSubject: pregnant Heterometrus?   pregnant Heterometrus? Empty8/19/2012, 8:30 pm

Ok so almost a year ago I purchased a scorpion from the Heterometrus family. I havent been able to properly I.D it and its constantly slipping my mind. Iv noticed alot of borrowing the last week and today I was shocked to see a ton of youngsters on her back. I know the pregancy can take a good amount of time but its been basically a year in a tank by herself... shes the only scorpion iv owned. I guess it could be possible that it happened before she ended up at the store I got her from but would it really take THAT long?? Just really mind boggled right now. Gunna take a stab ( no pun intended) at raising all the little guys.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: pregnant Heterometrus?   pregnant Heterometrus? Empty8/20/2012, 1:00 am

Congrats! Smile
Some species do have gestation periods of over a year.
Would it be possible to post pictures of your scorpion? I'll probably be able to ID it for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2012-06-22

PostSubject: Re: pregnant Heterometrus?   pregnant Heterometrus? Empty8/20/2012, 1:32 am

im raising 16 h. laoticus these days, its great fun and they are easy! good luck with them
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: pregnant Heterometrus?   pregnant Heterometrus? Empty8/20/2012, 3:14 am

Scorpion19981000 wrote:
Congrats! Smile
Some species do have gestation periods of over a year.

+1

While Heterometrus gestation are generally in the 6-12 month range, some do exceed it (like H. swammerdami for instance, with a gestation of up to 15 months or more)
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Fubujubu
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: pregnant Heterometrus?   pregnant Heterometrus? Empty9/1/2012, 2:53 pm

Been trying to get pics but by the time the camera manages to focus (its a POS) she moves. They are all off her back and in their own homes. Have 14 in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pregnant Heterometrus?   pregnant Heterometrus? Empty

Back to top Go down

pregnant Heterometrus?
Page 1 of 1