The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Locust or Crickets???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
utopianshadow19
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-08-13

Locust or Crickets??? Empty
PostSubject: Locust or Crickets???   Locust or Crickets??? Empty8/16/2012, 2:05 pm

Hiya everyone!!

I was just wondering if anyone knew which is better, Locust or Crickets for my emp. The locust are the same size as the crickets and i'm not too fussed about which is cheaper because i can buy a tub of 500 crickets, which will all die as there would be just too many for one scorpion, and a tub of about 20-30 baby locust, which is all i need, for the same price.

Thanks guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Locust or Crickets???   Locust or Crickets??? Empty8/17/2012, 12:58 am

The common feeder would be crickets. If the locust were farm-bred, why not Smile

In terms of nutrient level, i believe what you gut-load your feeder with is important.

As for sustaining their lifespan after getting a tub of cricket back home, if you haven already done so, you may use a much larger container (e.g. critter keeper) to house the crickets temporally.

Offer some egg crates, lettuce/carrots and it should extend their lifespan instead of having them cannibalizing one another..
Back to top Go down
utopianshadow19
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Locust or Crickets???   Locust or Crickets??? Empty8/17/2012, 4:15 am

Thanks, I have a roughly 30 x 30 x 35cm tub which should be big enough for them. When the locust are gone I'll try the crickets again and i'll put more food in for them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locust or Crickets???   Locust or Crickets??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Locust or Crickets???
Page 1 of 1