The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

HELP! Just found babies!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nothreat33
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-03-30

HELP! Just found babies! Empty
PostSubject: HELP! Just found babies!   HELP! Just found babies! Empty3/30/2012, 11:37 pm

I bought a scorpion around 6 months ago and thought it was a male. I was wrong! it's a female and it just gave birth to 3 babies! Maybe more to come, maybe she ate the rest I don't know! I literally just checked on her today (last check two days ago) and today, there are 3 babies!

I haven't fed her in over a week because I fed her a lot before and she got fatter than she did the previous months i've had her. So there was no way I thought she was pregnant!!

I have no idea if I caught her mid way from eating her babies or giving birth! She still looks nice and fat though, so I'm not sure! Of course I'd like to raise them. Looking for information as scorpion babies and birth are new to me!

[I'm planning on feeding her ASAP tomorrow it's late now (12am!)]
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Just found babies!   HELP! Just found babies! Empty3/31/2012, 3:05 am

Head crush a cricket and tong feed her sometimes if she doesn't want food the cricket will eat the babies, as for the babies just leave her to it, don't stress her out or this could cause her to eat them, make sure heat and humidity is good and she will do the rest they will stay on her for a few weeks and molt while there then they will start coming off her and feeding for themselves, at this point I would remove mum although some have success leaving them altogether there's always the risk she may eat them .....

Congratulations Smile
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Just found babies!   HELP! Just found babies! Empty3/31/2012, 11:11 am

+1 to everything Bex said.
Here is a great caresheet by GS that covers raising scorplings: Forest Scorpion Caresheet by GS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
nothreat33
Pandinus

PostSubject: A question about babies.   HELP! Just found babies! Empty4/13/2012, 8:17 am

My scorpion gave birth exactly 2 weeks ago. The babies (now 7 of them) have began crawling off her back. There are only 2 still on her back when I checked. I have an extra 10g tank that I separated into two halves to put the babies. But I'm wondering, at what age should I do this?

What I was planning on doing was waiting for all of them to be off and then move them. In the beginning stages how often should I feed these little guys? (I know they require more).

First batch of scorpions so just looking for some tips and answers to the above.
Back to top Go down
nothreat33
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Just found babies!   HELP! Just found babies! Empty4/13/2012, 1:46 pm

Also, when should I start feeding them? They just came off her back, they are still white (more like they have a yellowish tint to them, one is light brownish).
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Just found babies!   HELP! Just found babies! Empty4/13/2012, 1:59 pm

Congratz mate.

+2 on Bex's advice Smile

Also, Scorpion19981000 bro has directed you to a caresheet, have you read it before you started another thread?

It might not be a complete guide but it happens to answer your queries above.

I have merged your new post to your older thread here since it's on the same topic.

There's quite a few threads on "babies" lately.

Check out this thread:
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t8211-babies-i-almost-can-t-stand-the-cuteness

If there's further queries after the reading, please feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! Just found babies!   HELP! Just found babies! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! Just found babies!
Page 1 of 1