The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Mite removal-best method?!?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Seany-p
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Mite removal-best method?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Mite removal-best method?!?!   Mite removal-best method?!?! Empty2/15/2012, 8:50 am

Hello, i need some help with my emp!!

I noticed the other day mites in various parts of the tank, this isnt too much of a problem as the emp being moved into a larger tank this evening anyway, but is there anything i can do to the emp like bathe/wash it to make it doesnt carry any mites over to the new tank?

Any input would be greatly appricirated.
Seany-p
Back to top Go down
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Mite removal-best method?!?!   Mite removal-best method?!?! Empty2/15/2012, 7:50 pm

There a few things you can do. Emps have been known to submerge themselves for several minutes, but I wouldn't advise it. How do you think you got the mites in the tank? If they are little white mites, then the only problem is they are a nuisance and they can stress the emp out. I'm not sure that you can ever be rid of them, but I say place your emp in as small as a container that it can fit in, then spray it down with water and move it into the new enclosure. I hope this helps!!!
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Mite removal-best method?!?!   Mite removal-best method?!?! Empty2/16/2012, 12:11 am

Buy some Hypoaspis miles predatory mites. They don't bother anything larger than they are butthey will hunt down the other mites and eat them as well as any eggs. Here is a link to a place to order them in the UK. Not sure if they are reputable as I'm stateside though.
Back to top Go down
SIXPENCE
Pandinus
SIXPENCE

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Mite removal-best method?!?!   Mite removal-best method?!?! Empty2/17/2012, 10:54 pm

I had a problem with those pesky little white mites, I used dry ice and warm water to flood the tank with CO2....this will kill anything in the tank (it depletes the oxygen) make sure your scorps are in another container though.... it's cheap I used 4 lbs of dry ice, cost $7.00...the best part is I never have another mite of any kind !!!

HOPE THIS HELPS.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/arthur_barnes/corner
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mite removal-best method?!?!   Mite removal-best method?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mite removal-best method?!?!
Page 1 of 1