The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Emperor has a broken leg. What do?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
uncleuzi
Pandinus
uncleuzi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty
PostSubject: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty1/31/2012, 2:02 am

Emperor has a broken leg. What do? 2vl89kj

Howdy yall. This is my Emp, Augustus. His back left leg is broken at the middle joint. It doesn't move, nor does he have any feeling in it. I tested this by lightly grazing the hairs on it, and there was no reaction. He has trouble moving around with it.

No idea how old, but assuming young adult due to milky white stinger. When he molts, will his leg magically fix itself? Or will it continue to trouble him? Should I amputate?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty1/31/2012, 3:57 am

You should do nothing except ensuring that there is no left over food that can cause mold to grow in his enclosure, unlike tarantulas, scorpions do not regrow lost limbs :/
Back to top Go down
uncleuzi
Pandinus
uncleuzi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty1/31/2012, 11:15 am

Thanks Will, I believe you, but I actually read some stuff elsewhere online suggesting that his next molt will indeed heal the broken leg. Can anyone else confirm this?
Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty1/31/2012, 3:43 pm

It may be able to regrow a small part of it, but not the entire leg.
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty2/4/2012, 7:15 pm

I had this happen to one of my 5instar. emp. Same way, there was no reaction when i touched the leg, i even tried to straighten it back up, and not even a flinch from him.

After 2 months of a "broken/paralyzed" leg, it was that time of the month for him to molt. After its molt, i foundthat his legs were functioning normal and not even a limp. I touched the same leg with a chopstick and it was reacting to it.

So hopefully your emp will do the same on its next molt if theres any left. I kept an eye on the leg to make sure no discoloration and fungus growing on the leg. Then that would mean thats a dead leg with no circulation! So keep an eye on it carefully.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty2/4/2012, 7:30 pm

Totally not related to the thread, but RX8 TuRbo, THEY LIVE!
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty2/4/2012, 8:01 pm

Streettrash wrote:
Totally not related to the thread, but RX8 TuRbo, THEY LIVE!

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick [buttocks]... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

*hands over a glass of the finest Tenafly Viper- cheers Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty2/4/2012, 11:12 pm

Nice bro. Nice. Good to see a fellow on the forum with tastes as impeccable as mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emperor has a broken leg. What do?   Emperor has a broken leg. What do? Empty

Back to top Go down

Emperor has a broken leg. What do?
Page 1 of 1