The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
skipper17426
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-17

Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty8/17/2011, 7:41 pm

Hi i am bella! i am 11 and new to this forum. I really wanna get a emp scorpian. I have some little guestions to ask!

Question 1. Can it live in a 12 in long, 5 in hign plastic container?? i used it for my crickets but i have other boxes i can use.

Question 2. Do they need any kind of heat source? My friend has 2 and they dont have heat pad nor heat lamp

Please help me answer this questons! Thanks~ Bella
Back to top Go down
Ramenuzumaki
Centruroides
Ramenuzumaki

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty8/17/2011, 7:52 pm

MOst people here would probably tell you to have a heating pad on the side of your tank to create a temperature gradient, but other than that i dont think you really need one

as for that container i think it may be a little small

they need 2-4" of ground to burrow into, and they can grow 5-8" long
they can also use their tails to get out of the aquarium so you need the full length of their body PLUS their tail and a bit more for a safety net
Back to top Go down
http://ramenuzumaki.deviantart.com
skipper17426
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty8/17/2011, 8:55 pm

Ok thanks. so probally a 10 gallon tank? i saw this cool kritter keeper that was round shaped. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty8/17/2011, 9:08 pm

I would say at least 10 gallons...........I have one in a 15 long............
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty8/17/2011, 10:12 pm

Howdy Bella! Nice to meet you. So, you want an Emp huh? Good choice. I would have to agree with the other's on this one. A ten gallon would be best, that's what both of mine live in. They need several inches of substrate (I use peat moss but cocoa fiber works well) in order to burrow. They need a heat source coupled with a high moisture content in order to keep the humidity level up. I have mine under a red, 75watt bulb that I leave on 24/7. Mine is in no way the one way to go about it and I am sure you will recieve other great ideas from others, but these people know their stuff so you came to the right place. Nice to have you on board and good luck!
Back to top Go down
skipper17426
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty8/18/2011, 7:31 am

Thanks Everyone. i am still thinking about getting one. The only plase i saw them is one in stock at my petland!
Back to top Go down
predatorryu
Hadogenes
predatorryu

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty8/18/2011, 8:09 am

skipper17426 wrote:
Thanks Everyone. i am still thinking about getting one. The only plase i saw them is one in stock at my petland!

i would highly reccomend it. They are very interesting little creatures and have a relatively long life span provided they have favorable living conditions. I've got 4 emps living happily together in my enclosure.
Back to top Go down
Ramenuzumaki
Centruroides
Ramenuzumaki

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty8/18/2011, 10:31 am

If you use a heating pad be sure to put it on the side or back of the tank, or youll end up with a boiled scorpion! :O

I use 4" of coconut fibre substrate that I keep moist. It helps with the humidity level, and it also helps the substrate keep it's shape when the emperor scorpion burrows! :3

enjoy your pet hole <3
Back to top Go down
http://ramenuzumaki.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.   Thinking about getting a emp scorpian. Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting a emp scorpian.
Page 1 of 1