The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Parabuthus transvaalicus

Go down 
+8
Chrome
Annababe
spinnin_tom
*~BEX~*
leiurusSaleen820
Hurricane
Streettrash
pluto
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 4:57 pm

are these the ones which shoot venom ?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 5:28 pm

yes, but they only do it when seriously provoked. Only have had it once :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 5:50 pm

do they aim for important parts, like eyes, or is it just spray and pray?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 6:11 pm

Spray and pray. It's more of a flick though, so they can cover a wide area with a flick. get some goggles just in case, and don't rub venom into open wounds or anything silly like that.
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 6:20 pm

I just read some species of Parabuthus hiss by running their stinger over the first 2 segments of their tail. Have you ever heard them hiss Pluto?
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 6:23 pm

Streettrash wrote:
Spray and pray. It's more of a flick though, so they can cover a wide area with a flick. get some goggles just in case, and don't rub venom into open wounds or anything silly like that.

lol i thanks for letting me know not to rub venom into open wounds.. at the moment, i'm on meth so anything could happen Razz
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 6:26 pm

I'd advise against getting spitters in that case what with all your open sores and picked scabs. Accidents can happen...

Tweaker. LOL!
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 6:44 pm

Streettrash wrote:
I'd advise against getting spitters in that case what with all your open sores and picked scabs. Accidents can happen...

Tweaker. LOL!

i'm not a stupid meth head, pwomise Razz
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 6:51 pm

Too bright for that garbage.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/29/2011, 7:11 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/30/2011, 5:58 am

Anna, I never heard them hiss. They just lift their tails high up (and I mean high, since they are one of the biggest buthid. Only Parabuthus villosus is bigger, but they are less macho. I like these because they are macho lol) and they start clawing, as if they are feeling air movements from everywhere. They are pretty much 1/3rd times biggr bigger than Androctonus australis.

When you see a droplet of venom (looks very familiar lol whitish) it means they are in bussiness. They do it all the time. Afterward they just sting. But I did have to relocate the female once and i got shot on the arm, shoulder and a bit on my chin. because i was persuading her to get into her [does your mother know you talk like that?] tank.

They have a very large telson and venom sack. I guess this is why they have no trouble to flick whats in it. It rarely happens though, since most inverts, they rather try to avoid confrontation.

All in all, they all run.. but these are the ones that stand ground the most. Like a baboon spider pretty much. Good thing they cant climb. Id rather be bit by a baboon than being stung by one of these tbh. The sensation it gives when it lands on skin is like that of tigerbalsem. Only worse, it doesnt heat up the part its landed on, but it gives a weird tingling, irritated feeling. So I think I pissed one off and know what they do. No hissing though.

I believe their aim is a myth though. I'm sure they can somewhat direct the spray (thing beam of venom) but I dont think they aim for eyes. I put on in front of the light and I go stand on the dark side. This way they dont see a big shadow in front of them and I guess they cannot aim without seeing that.

If you can get one, get one.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/30/2011, 6:37 am

what's tigerbalsem pluto?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/30/2011, 7:38 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Balm Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/30/2011, 7:49 am

oh right, i know what that is Razz
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/30/2011, 12:17 pm

My big female bangs her tail off of things when defensive to make sounds but doesnt hiss. Only my Rhopalurus junceus audibly hiss when threatened or touched that I know of.

Keep us updated, Have to update my thread too sometime, had to seperate my pair cuz I don't think the mating was successful
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty7/30/2011, 12:28 pm

Better luck next time dude! Take some pictures! Always nice to see, certainly with a good cam like yours! Do you see anything in her membrane?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty8/28/2011, 3:49 pm

Update 28/08/2011

Looking good, looking fat and sunbathing as well as looking for humid spots. Good sign of close birthing. And yes, I know, I need to clean my glasses.

Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Img0375uz
She sits on a humid spot, I made for her right there. I have separated them too as I think it will not take very long anymore. Yes my fav species into babymaking! Cool.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty9/20/2011, 5:43 pm

I present you, the first living ping pong ball.. the awesome red telsoned female Pt.
Its belly is as big as a ping pong ball for real.

Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Img0514gw
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty9/20/2011, 6:12 pm

Good Gollly!

She looks ready to pop!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty9/21/2011, 2:13 am

SHe actually is the nicest pt i have. Because she barely can move right now lol. I'll keep this topic updated from the moment i see changes. I think its still a good month to go.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty9/21/2011, 8:56 am

Drool Damn that's one mean looking balloon. Oh wait it's a scorpion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty9/21/2011, 11:56 am

Really think it has a month left???
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty9/21/2011, 11:57 am

Lol dude.. its the uberscorpion of scorpions, the PT :-)
Anyway, I might think she is gravid
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty9/21/2011, 12:59 pm

she is huuuuuuuge....cant wait to see all the lil ones Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty10/4/2011, 3:43 am

As of today I noticed she burrowed a huge burrow halfway through her enclosure. Luckily its 'staying quarters" are right next to the glass. Good stuff as I can clearly see now, if she has given birth or not and very easy to take pictures from.

Fingers crossed now, this seems that the birth will be within somewhat 1-3 weeks.

I am bumping up heat now to 33 centigrade and giving her locally some moistureness, for her own sake and the scorplings as well as for the burrow to stay strong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus transvaalicus   Parabuthus transvaalicus - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parabuthus transvaalicus
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next