The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

vaejovis spinigerus

Go down 
+5
Kejser
Streettrash
pluto
leiurusSaleen820
swane
9 posters
AuthorMessage
swane
Pandinus

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-06-14

vaejovis spinigerus Empty
PostSubject: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/15/2011, 1:49 am

Hello my friends i was wondering if you could help me,Vaejovis spinigerus a fast scorp? I have been told that this scorp is that fast it looks like it's teleporting around the tank,the reason why i ask is because i wanted to inprove my hanling skills,I got recommend C.keyserlingi,even my fat fingers can tail it and move it when i need to,i would just like more of a challenge,if thats the right way to put it,Many Thanks
Back to top Go down
leiurusSaleen820
Babycurus
leiurusSaleen820

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/15/2011, 2:10 am

From personal experience I found them to be quite fast but if your going to tail it be careful.
I haven't been stung by them and they're not supposed to be medically significant (about a 2 out of 5)but a friend of mine got stung and he said it sucked pretty bad for about an hour. Now I know many people have different pain thresholds but getting tagged will still probably suck. Hope this helped a little.
If you decide to get one be careful and good luck.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/15/2011, 3:49 am

This is going to sound crude and I dont mean to be unfriendly, but imho scorpions are not made for handling. None of them, venomous or not.

If you want to get stung, just put your finger in there and poke it until it is mad. Same results.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/15/2011, 9:29 am

Laughup Seriously.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/15/2011, 10:39 am

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/15/2011, 1:08 pm

Allso note that this sp is now known as Hoffmannius spinigerus since alot of sp from the Vaejovis genus got changed into Hoffmannius genus
Back to top Go down
tdark1
Centruroides
tdark1

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/25/2011, 5:45 pm

Came home the other PM with a little Vaejovis spinigerus in my bathroom sink... No idea how the little guy got into a granite bathroom sink, but I turned on the light and there he was sitting in the sink plain as day.

Moving the animal into a cup, it didn't offer any hostility AT ALL (like Pluto said, I don't really "believe" in handling scorpions). I simply gave the animal a roach, left it in the cup and put him back in my yard when he finished!! But yeah, from my experience, non-aggressive, however I still would not treat it as a "pet".

Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/25/2011, 5:51 pm

cool cheers
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/25/2011, 5:57 pm

Get an Androctonus or a Deathstalker.

If you don't catch it in time, you die!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/26/2011, 1:47 pm

i have a vaejovis and she is quite fast but i dont handle any of my scorps as i like to keep them as stress free as possable
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/26/2011, 1:52 pm

I do pull my parabuthus' legs when they are moulting, they give cool spasms when you do that! Best thing of all, since they're on their backs, they cant sting. So I annoy them as much as possible since they annoy me when I'm trying to catch their water bowl.

Shanos you're right dude. THey are already 'confined', keep stress out or its a dead scorp in a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty7/26/2011, 6:13 pm

pluto wrote:
I do pull my parabuthus' legs when they are moulting, they give cool spasms when you do that! Best thing of all, since they're on their backs, they cant sting. So I annoy them as much as possible since they annoy me when I'm trying to catch their water bowl

Hahahahahaaaa.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vaejovis spinigerus   vaejovis spinigerus Empty

Back to top Go down

vaejovis spinigerus
Page 1 of 1