The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD

Go down 
+2
pluto
Scorpioooo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpioooo
Centruroides
Scorpioooo

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty
PostSubject: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 1:32 am

I have not posted anything on here for a long time but this really bothered me.So today i look inside my emperors tank and i see him walking around but he was stopping every few steps and when he did he was shaking for like a second and than he walked normaly again . It was very weird. Does anybody know what he is doing? i have a video of him doing it but i am to lazy to put it on youtube right now since its 12:30 AM here and i am really tired.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 1:51 am

Well I hope its not what Im thinking but scorpions are arachnids and some arachnids get ill by something we dont know yet, the result are a series of jerky movements sometimes. The collective name for these symptoms are called DKS.

I have seen it in Ts, and once in a small scorpling that survived the condition!
Maybe best to post a movie when you're feeling better :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Scorpioooo
Centruroides
Scorpioooo

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 2:00 am

it think i am going to do it right now since i cant sleep xD
Back to top Go down
Scorpioooo
Centruroides
Scorpioooo

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 2:07 am

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 2:47 am

Looks like the mating juddering to me is that a female in with him? Smile
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 3:44 am

I'd go with Bex on that. Looks like he's putting the moves on her.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 4:09 am

*~BEX~* wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 9:25 am

Yeah rest easy.
Back to top Go down
Scorpioooo
Centruroides
Scorpioooo

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 11:36 am

seriously? i never thought about that. and i am not sure if the other one is a female. i never tried sexing the brown emp.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 11:46 am

even if the other is not female males will do it territorialy its kinda there way of saying what they are to each other lol
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 6:26 pm

*~BEX~* wrote:

Same, post a couple pictures of the scorpion in questions belly.

Unless they were in a fight before hand, the shaking usually indicates mating juddering.

Put a nice flat rock in there for them, maybe you'll get a batch of scorplings! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scorpioooo
Centruroides
Scorpioooo

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 7:30 pm

no they were not fight becuase he was stuck and when i freed him he started walking toward the other scorpion. thats when i noticed these strange movements. if i place a rock in there will there be any signs of mating on it when they are done?
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 7:57 pm

This is a post from a member here.

Don't be afraid if they sting each other a little. They might be a little kinky Wink

The bottom picture is evidence that they were doin the nasty Twisted Evil

RyoKenzaki wrote:
4 October 2009

Promenade à deux
Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  1-11
Love sting
Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  2-13
Chelicarae Kissing
Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  IMG_0060
He came
Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  IMG_0061-1

I mated them few days ago when i first got the male but it fail
Both are juddering but male doesnt seems to be interested while the female tried to attack the male several times
After 15minutes i gave up and assume that the female already gravid

I separated them and feed each of them a cricket and heavily misted their enclosure
Few days later (Today) i tried again and this time with better luck

At 1st the female acted aggressively and try to sting him, i stop it with my tweezer
Then the male gave her a sting to calm her down and they start dancing around, passionately
Female keep her chela close to her carapace as in defense mode while the male pulling her around nervously
Within 2 minutes, the male settle down a spot on the bark in the enclosure and stop there for quite awhile
I look from the side and i can see spermatophore coming out from his opperculum

Upon laying the spermatophore, he dragged the female on it but the female kinda refuse to go near the spermatophore
After trying for awhile the male manage to pull her above the spermatophore
Again i tried to peek from the side to see if it touched her opperculum but before i can see anything they started break off and attempting to sting and pinch each others to death

Immediately i stop them with tweezer and fight off the female and end the mating process
I'm not sure if any insemination was made but the female doesnt stay on top of it for too long nor bending down her body as written in the internet

I assume that she might really already gravid but was calmed by the male sting and was "forced" into the mating
I read that the spermatophore will plug the opening of her opperculum to prevent other male from inseminate her if she already mated
Perhaps she realize that she cant take the spermatophore at the end and tried to break off and kill the male

Whatever it is i'm looking forward to see the outcome
Back to top Go down
Scorpioooo
Centruroides
Scorpioooo

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty6/15/2011, 8:27 pm

thanks for the help i just placed a water dish in the tank upside down and i hope magic will happen xD i will try to get some pics of the other emp so that you guys could help me sex it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD    Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD  Empty

Back to top Go down

Emperor scorpion with epilepsy? xD
Page 1 of 1