The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies

Go down 
+11
Scorpion19981000
takos
DolbyR
Peloquin
**GS**
shanos
Streettrash
*~BEX~*
pluto
H. laoticus
Jay
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 9:24 am

Yeah, great pics mate. They seem pretty fast growers too.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 9:48 am

Thanks guys!!

Yes Bex dig those babies up and get that camera out! Very Happy And you Shane lol They're my favorite scorp babies too, soo cute, got a vid somewhere of me holding a few at once.

Yeah these are growing seriously fast mate, some are actually a molt ahead of the pics I just posted now, by the time I've sorted the pics out they've molted again LOL better dig some up later.

Definitely on that photoshoot Bex Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 9:58 am

It's really hard to film yourself while holding stuff lol I struggled with the mantid film I did lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 10:09 am

Yeah I know, it is! Tripod does kind of help lol don't know how GS managed to do what he's done, crazy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 10:20 am

Think has like super powers or something lol Wink
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 11:00 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
Thank you GS, top guy! I'll PM you my e-mail, it's photoshop elements 9 I have.

Maybe I am just too impatient then Very Happy Makes me appreciate your photos even more now knowing the time that goes into them. Also makes me want to put the time into mine too.

Keep up the AWESOME work mate, you and Hauser inspire me to keep getting that camera out and TRY to match your quality. Looking forward to seeing your competition entry's, hope your up for doing those, bet you've got something sweet up your sleeve (probably literally an A.a or P.t up there! LOL)

Cheers mate.

Don't mention it my friend. Email sent!
(PS: The photoshop template is open for all the good forumers here. PM me your email if you're interested)

Hausers' pics are our motivation.. haha
I like your photo's composition and light control. Something i can learn from too Smile

Oh & i love your Heterometrus madraspatensis' baby pics! Wish i can own a few of them one day as well.
Man.. they really grow fast under your tender loving care.. haha

Seeing their "orangey" legs makes me feel like chewing on some candy.. lolz
Oh wait.. i found some of these candies in one of my thread..
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Chocca11

Keep up the AWESOMENESS Jay!
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 11:39 am

Thank you mate and cheers for the compliments. Going to have a play around on photoshop tonight.

Not noticed much new stuff from Hauser lately. You know what I like about his pics is how they look like they're in the dark at night with just the right amount lit up by the flash, awesome.

I notice you use a lot of natural light, like taking pictures outside. I don't think any flash can match up to natural light but slowly getting used to this flash. I find the flash gives quite harsh light which I'm trying to tone down with diffusers. It's certainly a steep learning curve.

Hehe, mmm candy corns, courtesy of Annababe if i'm not mistaken Very Happy

I'd love to sort you out some madras mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 12:12 pm

im thinking a photography course may be what im gonna do next lol Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 1:30 pm

@Jay
Envious of you.. haha
I have yet gotten my personal flash so had to depend on natural light.
Both can achieve difference effects.. natural lights gives a warm and of cos.. "natural" feel but using flash can achieve very good DOF.

Occasionally, i'm one of the official photographer for my company's event. And i took the chance to use the flash on my critters. I recently had my first try with flash (Nikon speedlite-SB800) on my T,
pictures are posted in "who molted today"

Do check it out and comment when you're avail mate.

Back to madras.. hope we can work something out soon!

Pse continue to post more pics on them in the meantime.. lolz
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 2:42 pm

I guess it's about time even I get to learn photoshop. What kind of system requirements it has? I'm buying my ex-work laptop now, so could maybe try it out if its not too slow.

Need to get more serious about my photography too, but I've lost the clip from my tripod again Sad

Jay, what kind of flash/diffuser setup you have? My internal flash is too focused for macro, so I've been considering some slave flashes with diffusers.

Bex, I just bought 2 e-books off ebay for macro photography. Will try to find time to check them tomorrow and will let you know if they're any good.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 3:12 pm

Cool still need to get a macro lens we cheat with a reverse thing to attach the normal lens of backwards lol Smile
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/22/2011, 3:16 pm

You're lucky, I can't make even that. All I can get is maybe a custom made adapter and a close-up filter.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 4:28 am

Damn GS, those pics of your B. smithi molting are amazing. As pluto put it, works of art! I like how on alot of your pics you get low and use a background far away so it all falls out of DOF nicely, something I should do more often. What sort of apertures have you been using mate?

There's definitely madras here for you mate, also going to be breeding her and maybe another female again after I get back from being away in a couple of weeks, though that could be a while.

Couldn't tell you the requirement Dolby bro, I'm bloody useless on computers lol well I brought a couple of diffusers that are made for the flash (canon mt-24ex twin macro flash) but it still seems quite harsh and have been reading up on some home made diffusers that people swear by, will let you know my findings. Also let us know what those e-books are like mate, might be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 5:50 am

goona dig those babies up sometime today Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 10:21 am

found my lil madras babies Smile

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3622
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3623
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3624
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3625
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3626
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3627
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3628
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3629
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3631
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3632
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 IMG_3633
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 10:51 am

They look cute. How do they attack crickets? Just with the pincers or do they use their tail a bit when small?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 11:22 am

tbh ive not seen with these ones but our ours just attack with pincers Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 11:45 am

Sweet pics Bex, thanks for posting them up. Keep this thread updated as they grow Very Happy will be good to see, they'll be adult and having their own babies before we know it.

Aww, my little guys I love you lol
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 11:48 am

aw I love you he emps should be good to ship soon...after here second molt i think Smile wg=hen are you going away wouldnt want to send them when your away jay
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 2:57 pm

nice pics dude.love the headstand.
*opens notebook and writes "gravid sign basks under heat lamp more"*
keep us posted,making me wish i lived in the uk right now.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 5:55 pm

pluto wrote:
They look cute. How do they attack crickets? Just with the pincers or do they use their tail a bit when small?
I have only had mine for a short time, but mine almost always stings the crickets. (Stings just as often as my Centruroides) It's rather amusing to watch it sting them, it's so fat and the tail is so small. It's very aggressive. It will attack anything that moves. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 6:01 pm

Also Bex, what instar are your madras babies at?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/23/2011, 6:06 pm

Um they have only molted once since I got them from Jamie i think so that makes them 4i I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/24/2011, 3:41 am

Cheers shining mate. I keep going to add you to xbox but because my tv is my monitor I never have it to hand when Im online lol so I'll write it down Razz

Bex, I'm sure I sent them out at 2i mate so I reckon they're 3i coming up 4i.

Sweet Very Happy Can't wait to get the little guy, yeah I'm away for 10 days from next saturday, week today, so when I get back would be awesome, gonna have a few new additions coming when I get back what with bubba emp and bubba royal lol oh yeah and I never did add you to xbox either, lost your gamertag now.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty9/24/2011, 4:03 am

Oh for some reason I thought u sent at 3i lol Smile cool so shoul beolting soon anyways by the looks of them Smile

I was thinking the other day about the xbox thing hadn't been on for ages then me n Luke was playing hunted the demons forge together and I thought I wonder if u added me lol Smile will pm you it, Lukes getting skyrim for pc but think I'll get on xbox, then saints row 3 will be out, been playing dead island on pc but that gets boring real quick lol Smile
I'll pm you my gamertag Smile haha autocorrect made that gamefish hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next