The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies

Go down 
+11
Scorpion19981000
takos
DolbyR
Peloquin
**GS**
shanos
Streettrash
*~BEX~*
pluto
H. laoticus
Jay
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty
PostSubject: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/8/2011, 1:06 pm

Hello all.

Here's some pics of my Heterometrus madraspatensis. I brought an adult male and adult female from the SEAS show about 6 months ago with the intentions of attempting to breed them. I planned to let them settle in seperate enclosures and get them in a well fed state first. I didn't even get a chance to put the pair together before the female started looking very gravid. So she was definetly gravid before I got her.

Here's a couple of pics of the female when she was looking very gravid a few weeks ago. Also she was coming to sit in the heat alot more regulary than usually. I've noticed this as a sign of being gravid before with my H. spinigerus.

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3336

Doing a headstand! Very Happy

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3337

This is how she looked a few days before birth if you can make it out.

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Madrasgrav

And now for the baby pics, she hasn't left the burrow so they're not amazing but you get the idea. I counted 15 definite but possibly more so I'd say 15-20. Place your bets now! Laughing

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3771

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3756

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3763

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3764

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3767

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3769

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3770

Take it easy.

Last edited by JamieLawrence on 9/22/2011, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/8/2011, 1:27 pm

Woot, congrats man! A beautiful species in my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/8/2011, 3:12 pm

Super pics and lol at the headstand!

I say 19 healthy little buggers!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/8/2011, 4:37 pm

I'm gonna say 20 - 2 for me lolz Very Happy
Congrats they look awesome bet your well chuffed keep us posted our babies still haven't eaten yet
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/8/2011, 5:06 pm

They look like sticky rice.
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/8/2011, 5:41 pm

awesome everyones havin babies lol i like theses species think im gonn get my self one lol
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 1:46 am

Congrats Jay!! Wootz!! Very Happy
Its amazing nice shots you've taken bro. Great light control.
Btw, the tunnel is made by the scorp mum? How nice of her to give you such a great view.
They are gorgeous specimens indeed cheers
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 3:30 am

Thanks everyone, appreciated!

A beautiful species to me too H. really feisty too, I love 'em.

There's definitely a couple there for ya Bex, I weren't sure if you'd even want any more madras lol Yeah I'm well happy! I'm sure your bubbas will be munching in no time Very Happy

Pluto, Bex, very optimistic guesses lol I've got my hopes on 18-20 too, but I don't want to jump the gun it's still at a crucial stage. Lets hope this brood goes better than my last or it could be 0.

May be a little grown on baby here for you soon Shanos Very Happy

Cheers GS! Yeah she dug the tunnel herself, this is my males but they're matching enclosures, burrows go in the cork tubes down to the bottom corner with a nice little window for me lol

The lighting was kind of harsh on the baby pics because it was through the glass and a quick snap because didn't want to disturb her too much.

Male assuming his usual position.
Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3725

Last edited by JamieLawrence on 9/22/2011, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 5:49 am

Cool thanx Jay Smile always more room for more madras lol thy are awesome and fast growing in our experience can't believe how much ours have grown Smile
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 5:53 am

Ok, I'll go for 18 cause everything else has gone.lol
Great pics again mate.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 7:15 am

Thats why... considering its a "glass shot" i'll say its excellent Smile
Oh yeah.. I'm guessing 19! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 7:42 am

Cheers fellas, good luck on the Madras Lottery Laughing

You'll be able to get quite a colony on the go in the future Bex Very Happy I wonder how communal these really are, you got babies still together with no problems right? Yeah they do seem to grow quick for Hets. they also put they food away well, I can hand feed my male lol. About to chuck you an email.

Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 9:04 am

nice one jaime that would be awesome wot size tank would recomend for these from house of spiders and have u got a care sheet for thes guys pls im so excited now and will have to get down on my kness and Bowdown to u lol! thanks mate
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 10:15 am

Streettrash wrote:
They look like sticky rice.

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 10:17 am

GS wrote:

cheers
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 11:19 am

pluto wrote:
GS wrote:
cheers
waduppp!! *fist bump* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 12:43 pm

JamieLawrence wrote:
Cheers fellas, good luck on the Madras Lottery Laughing

You'll be able to get quite a colony on the go in the future Bex Very Happy I wonder how communal these really are, you got babies still together with no problems right? Yeah they do seem to grow quick for Hets. they also put they food away well, I can hand feed my male lol. About to chuck you an email.

yeah we still have 2 of the 5 communally Smile they get on fine Smile
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/9/2011, 3:58 pm

Congrats Jay.
Definitely one of my favorite Heterometruses. I saw one on sale in a local forum today, the price was way off though. Around 55 GBP (according to this days rate) for a sub. I regret I didn't order them the last time together with the martensii. Well, later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/10/2011, 8:04 am

Thats good to hear Bex, If I get enough I'll give it a try. How comes you split 2 from the 5, I know there was a reason just can't remember why.

Cheers Dolby mate, dedfinitely an awesome species I'd recommend to anyone. Wow that is very overpriced even for an adult gravid female Laughing
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/10/2011, 8:24 am

Yep, locally there are not much species available. But I generally order a breeding pair for that much from my usual supplier. Don't know when his next trip will be though. Hopefully soon, a I'm still waiting for my haddy aswell.
But my collection should be getting a jump soon though Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/10/2011, 11:43 am

they outgrew the tank they was sharing and we needed it for abother ascorp but the only ones we had at the time was 3 small and a meduim so dished them out 1 each to the small and two to the medium lol...also was worried about one of them, seems to be acting strangly and had wondered if it was injured by another one but they are all doing good Smile may put them back together one day as a trial Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/14/2011, 7:57 am

DolbyR wrote:
But my collection should be getting a jump soon though Smile

Sweet mate, what you got in mind? I really like your M. martensii, any joy with the breeding on them, they mated didn't they?

Ah right, that's good to hear Bex, couldn't remember if it was down to their feisty ways.

Just been checking in on the babies and they have all molted to 2i now, suppose it won't be long until they are off the back now.

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3787

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3798

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies 4

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies X

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_37988

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_37964

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3796

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies IMG_3789

Last edited by JamieLawrence on 9/22/2011, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/14/2011, 8:16 am

Jay, I've got 10 Buthus occitanus scorplings on the way, should be here until the end of the week. If allgoes well (not too many DOA), I might go for some M.caucasicus or Hottentottas from this same guy (Testoterosaurus or someth. like that).

My female martensii passed away a couple of weeks ago. I heard afterwards from a couple of friends they've had female emps, hets and several arid species die while gravid after mating while still sub-adults. Sounds strange though and I don't believe this theory that they can't give birth as subs and die in the process, but if it is true, that would explain what happened to mine.

So now I'm trying to hunt down 2-3 adult martensiis for my males.

In the meanwhile, as I just couldn't wait any longer, got back from my cricket trip yesterday with a P. cavi too Very Happy

I can see your madras are getting some coloration too already Smile Hope you'll be able to get to count them really soon.
And if they're too much for you, I'll take a couple off your hands Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/14/2011, 9:09 am

wow pics are awesome Jay they seem to be doing well and growing fast our E.flavs have started to get a bit of colour to them most are still white though lol none have eaten how long from first molt to second? Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty6/14/2011, 9:17 am

They are great indeed.. love the detail, love the scorpions. SOOOO many dude!
Btw Bex, nice picture! Are you doing a new one monthly? I'll subscribe.. drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus madraspatensis babies   Heterometrus madraspatensis babies Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus madraspatensis babies
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next