The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[ASA] Centruroides margaritatus

Go down 
+9
nivlaisme
Annababe
sowhon
Streettrash
Jay
pluto
69wishes
*~BEX~*
**GS**
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

[ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty
PostSubject: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty6/7/2011, 2:16 pm

For [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Caresheet, please access the following URL located at [ASA] All-Scorpion-Archives Scorpion Forum:
www.allscorpionarchives.com/t24-asa-centruroides-margaritatus

Support ASA Articles!
"Like" us at www.facebook.com/ScorpionArchives to receive all our latest pictures, videos and project updates with regards to Scorpion Breeding.

[ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Like_AllScorpionArchives_on_Facebook_icon

Regards,
GS

Last edited by **GS** on 4/20/2013, 6:22 am; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty6/7/2011, 2:28 pm

Awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty6/7/2011, 2:43 pm

Awww...how cute,thx for sharing GS.
Which one is stinging the other? Is there a reason for that,or do they just like it rough? I mean,does the female need to be drugged to allow for mating to occur?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty6/7/2011, 3:02 pm

*~BEX~* wrote:
Awesome! Smile
Thanks Bex Smile

69wishes wrote:
Awww...how cute,thx for sharing GS.
Which one is stinging the other? Is there a reason for that,or do they just like it rough? I mean,does the female need to be drugged to allow for mating to occur?
Hey bro Smile
Male is trying to engage in a "sexual sting"
Acts like giving a lady some hard liquor to get himself laid.. use lesser effort in "the mating dance" .. so to speak Laughing
& no, its not a necessity for successful mating to occur Smile
Back to top Go down
69wishes
Centruroides
69wishes

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty6/7/2011, 3:13 pm

"Bro"? I thought I was "Dude" Cool
Soo....its a pretty quick process then....Im pretty sure theres some serious Hanky Panky goin on in my tank.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty6/7/2011, 3:32 pm

69wishes wrote:
"Bro"? I thought I was "Dude" Cool
Soo....its a pretty quick process then....Im pretty sure theres some serious Hanky Panky goin on in my tank.

DUDE! Perverted people lol!

@gs: awesome pictures and you make mating seem so easy... euhmmm :-)
good for the hobby too!! Fresh blood
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty6/7/2011, 3:48 pm

Drool Damn, nice work GS. Stunning as always.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/14/2011, 9:43 pm

Thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed the pics!

I have a nice surprise today, just as i was getting off to work.
I saw one of my 7i female C.margaritatus molted to 8th instar!
She is in good size!

Will post up pictures soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/14/2011, 9:48 pm

Excellent.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/14/2011, 11:01 pm

@Streettrash
Thanks bro!

Its been only about 6-7 months for this specimen to reach 8th instar from birth.
She will be mated soon (after she has hardened up real nice).

Now i can't wait to be home from work to see how is she doing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sowhon
Centruroides
sowhon

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/14/2011, 11:39 pm

Congratz GS, hope to see some babies from C.Margaritatus soon...
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/15/2011, 3:47 am

Do you keep them very warm gs? Because you have a lot of scorpions who moult to i8. Which I think, is rare, no? gz btw
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/15/2011, 7:50 am

sowhon wrote:
Congratz GS, hope to see some babies from C.Margaritatus soon...
Thanks my friend Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/15/2011, 7:53 am

pluto wrote:
Do you keep them very warm gs? Because you have a lot of scorpions who moult to i8. Which I think, is rare, no? gz btw

Hey bud,
I keep them at 80-90F + plenty of TLC (Tender Loving Care Very Happy)
I did not mate two of my 7i female and proceed to let them take their own time to molt to 8i.
I believe with patience everyone can do it too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/15/2011, 7:55 am

As promised.. Pictures time!!
Click here to view:

Last edited by GS on 12/24/2011, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler added)
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/15/2011, 9:17 am

awesome awesome awesome! Notice how the pinchers are bent backward during moulting. Lol crazy!
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/15/2011, 3:42 pm

pluto wrote:
awesome awesome awesome! Notice how the pinchers are bent backward during moulting. Lol crazy!

Agreed!

GS, I notice in your feeding vids that they are in cups. Do you remove them from their tanks to feed?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/18/2011, 11:52 am

pluto wrote:
Yeah bro.. lolz
I was very careful during photo session. It was bent as if it's gonna give way and break.. What a Face
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/18/2011, 12:08 pm

Annababe wrote:

Agreed!

GS, I notice in your feeding vids that they are in cups. Do you remove them from their tanks to feed?

Hi Annababe,
I'm embarrased Embarassed hahaz
I usually keep my scorps in different sizes of deli-containers/ tackle boxes from new born scorplings up to sub-adults.
For "Hot" species, they are double-tank'ed for added safety.

Upon reaching adulthood, most of them will be upgraded to glass-tank enclosures with more deco and such.
I'm lucky that with nicely custom vents and air-holes, so far they has been molting perfectly and eating well in these deli-containers Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/18/2011, 12:47 pm

tbh they dont need more when they're growing!
I keep mine in standard cricket containers. It is easier for me to keep an eye on the scorpions and for the scorpions to stay well fed and to find their prey!
Back to top Go down
Annababe
Tityus
Annababe

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2011-06-30

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/18/2011, 5:31 pm

GS wrote:
Annababe wrote:

Agreed!

Hi Annababe,
I'm embarrased Embarassed hahaz
I usually keep my scorps in different sizes of deli-containers/ tackle boxes from new born scorplings up to sub-adults.
For "Hot" species, they are double-tank'ed for added safety.

Upon reaching adulthood, most of them will be upgraded to glass-tank enclosures with more deco and such.
I'm lucky that with nicely custom vents and air-holes, so far they has been molting perfectly and eating well in these deli-containers Smile

hahahahaha no worries, and no need to be embarrassed, that makes sense, I didn't know what size they were but I've been realizing lately how small they start out. I was actually looking for non-stressful, easier feeding techniques Smile

Thanks for the response Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/18/2011, 9:10 pm

pluto wrote:
tbh they dont need more when they're growing!
I keep mine in standard cricket containers. It is easier for me to keep an eye on the scorpions and for the scorpions to stay well fed and to find their prey!
Yep! it is not a need, up to individual preference Smile
Definitely not doing an upgrade till its like a mansion to the scorp.. ha (E.g. 2 feet glass tank for a pair of C.margaritatus).. most often for adulthoods upgrade (those which i planned to breed, except the big forest species),
its an upgrade of deli-containers to a 12" x 6.5" x 9" glass tank or Kritter keeper of similar size. The females in such enclosures of mine are mostly adults and awaiting to be mated, this tank will hold them all the way from gestation period till the day comes when her babies can dismount and do alil bit of "roaming" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/18/2011, 9:39 pm

Annababe wrote:
hahahahaha no worries, and no need to be embarrassed, that makes sense, I didn't know what size they were but I've been realizing lately how small they start out. I was actually looking for non-stressful, easier feeding techniques Smile
Thanks for the response Smile
No prob at all Smile

Imo, the most hassle-free feeding enclosures i had are those tackleboxes. For really tiny scorplings, it'll be best to use those with fixed partitions with smooth surface all around the walls, those with removable partitions works are good for certain scorp sizes as usually, they have grooves on the partition walls that may aid the scorplings to climb. If the scorplings are small enough, they may squeeze through to the next partition easily once they get to the top or under...
Feel free to post your queries. Hope it helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/23/2011, 9:53 pm

Specimen: Centruroides margaritatus
Female: 8th instar
Male: 7th instar
Click here to view:

Full mating vid of this Centruroides margaritatus pair:

Features: From introduction of male to the final insertion of spermatophore. Enjoy!

Regards,
GS

Last edited by GS on 12/24/2011, 12:20 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)
Back to top Go down
nivlaisme
Pandinus
nivlaisme

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty7/23/2011, 11:06 pm

Nice scorpions... Centruroides Margaritatus is also one of my fav scorpion... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus   [ASA] Centruroides margaritatus Empty

Back to top Go down

[ASA] Centruroides margaritatus
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next