The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Centruroides margaritatus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RyoKenzaki
Centruroides
RyoKenzaki

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Centruroides margaritatus Empty
PostSubject: Centruroides margaritatus   Centruroides margaritatus Empty2/8/2010, 9:17 pm

Centruroides Margaritatus Breeding Report
Temperature: Approx 29-31ºC
Relative Humidity: Approx 70-80%
Duration: Approx 8-10minutes

It's only third day since my female C.Margaritatus molted to adulthood and i got her mated today cause i'm getting impatient

I begin by putting the female into a large container full of coco fiber with 2 piece of flat surface and let her run around in the container and drop her pheromone

After around 5minutes, i put the male inside and he begin to juddering like mad instantly
I don't even need to guide him to the female, he just walk to her while juddering and straight away grab her by her tail and gave her a stung her to calm her down

The male then started to hold her hand and the dance begin
He cant seems to find the flat surface as the container they are in was too big (I did this so that the male have more space to escape after the mating) so i took the flat bark and put it behind them
Soon enough, they are both dancing about on the bark and started kissing

The male's front legs are vibrating as well and i observed a strange behavior which i have never read nor heard bout it before
The male pull the female up and stick his front legs below the female pectines and start stimulating her pectines
I'm not sure why it happened but it last bout 10sec before he put her down, dance again and repeat it for around 10timesAfter awhile finally he laid down a spermatorphore and dragged the female on it
As soon as the female took it, they started to sting each others and i stop them with tweezer and remove both of them

Now i just need to wait and observed to see if the mating was successful or not

So, here's some pictures
Male approaching female
Centruroides margaritatus DSC_0157
The male raising up the female
Centruroides margaritatus DSC_0158
Centruroides margaritatus DSC_0161
Centruroides margaritatus DSC_0165
Centruroides margaritatus DSC_0166
Centruroides margaritatus DSC_0173
From this picture u can see the male front legs below the female pectines
Centruroides margaritatus DSC_0172-2