The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but

Go down 
+4
junosama
Cyanide
Bedlam
shining
8 posters
AuthorMessage
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty
PostSubject: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 1:09 am

sheesh i thought they'd at least come out of their lil burrows at night.the first two nights of them being home the female was on the prowl.but the past two nights nothing.should i turn off the infra red heat lamp?(88-90degrees)i havnt witnessed the male adventure yet.its feeding night maybe a couple of crickets will entice them and my snake and i could watch the hunt?
i know at night temps in the wild drop so should i replicate that?
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 1:34 am

Yeah, usually they're active at 1st and then stop. Most scorps let food come to them. It may leave, but it'll probably just catch one walking by, drag it into the hide, and you'll never see it again. 0.o
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 2:55 am

stupid scorpion get that cricket!!!!!
its annoying me!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 2:58 am

Haha, should have went with a different species then. Emperors aren't great hunters.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 3:05 am

if that cricket keeps it up hes goin to get the hemostats and handed over to em dmnit. or handed over to the native bark scorpions and black widows outside.
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 3:09 am

Leave it in there for 24 hours, if he still doesn't eat it, remove it and try again a few days later. Leaving the food to run around is said to be stressful.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 3:11 am

i dunno if my dog and me can take 24hours of this chatter.
mealworms a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 4:44 pm

Lol when they do come out all they seem to do is try and climb the glass. I did catch mine picking up coconut husks and taking them out of it's half coconut hide.probably making a burrow, so I'll never see it again.

Theres a cricket in there somewhere. I see it from time to time. Didn't know that caused stress. Better catch it.
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 5:06 pm

Tweezer feed Mealworms or they'll burrow and they'll be just like your scorpions.
Back to top Go down
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/1/2011, 11:18 pm

Interesting cause my crickets dont seem to make much noise. My emp hides a lot now too but i take that as a good sign he likes his most recent enclosure.

Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 1:24 am

hahahahahahaha.i got a funny story followed by a question.

sooo i got fed up with that loud cricket and decided i had to do something. at first i was just going to catch the crickets and put em back but crickets are freaking hard to catch. i caught one and was going to put it back in the cricket tub then as i was about to drop it in he jumped on my desktop and ran behind the screen and modem.f***ing bast4rd!!!now i have a cricket running around my room somewhere!!!at least it wasnt the noisemaker. so now im pissed i see the loud one.i can tell its him because he was bigger and always ranaway when i came by the scorp enclosure and acted like i was going to hit him. i decided to find the scorps and feed em to him.im done with trying to be mr.miyagi with a hemostat. so i look under the marble rock cave hiding spot on the warm side.a burrow that led to where i couldnt see. next hiding spot in the middle my snakes old terra cotta pot.bingo the female was there after i lifted the pot and she was ready to throw down.so i try to scare the cricket by Countess and she missed everytime the cricket came by.this ruined my fun.so i caught the cricket in my hand,an arduous task.then i held the cricket between my index and thumb and presented it to Countess and she gladly took it from my fingers.
heres a lil vid,thats how much of a grudge i had with that cricket.i was gonna savor his death by sharing this clip.chirp now punk!!!!!

to add to the "mood" click on the first link and let the music play while you watch the vid since i dont know how to add music to an actual clip(maybe someone will teach me?? Smile )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6e0ZNVk8c

https://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aLeisTeR_bucket/?action=view¤t=chirpnowpunk.mp4

now for the question,should i find the male and make sure he has dinner too since emperors suck at hunting or wait til friday when i set up their false bottom?

Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 1:25 am

oh i forgot to mention she picked up a piece of bark like a bat in both her pinchers like she was gonna swing at me when i first lifted the hide.hahahaha
Back to top Go down
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 1:29 am

lol nice. Ive had a few crickets escape on me. I bought one of those sticky bug traps and put it near my tanks. Helps if you sprinkle some cricket food and gel water on the trap to try and lure any escaped crickets in.
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 1:39 am

that cricket had it coming and so do the rest of the crickets in my closet.is there a less noisy food alternative? and i dont think these scorpions will ever eat if i dont hand feed them.should i wait til friday when i set up the false bottom to feed the male or find him tonight and feed him?
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 8:44 am

it's far easier to feed emps.. or any Pandinus for that matter, with a pair of forceps. they grab it from you and go and sit back in their hide..
as bedlam said.. if you wanted an active sp, an emp was the worn choice lol
and shining, you live in phoenix, you get desert hairy scorps there.. get collecting Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 4:18 pm

Get some Aa they are always out in the open. Buggers are so thickheaded, they seem to dont care at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 8:21 pm

spinnin tom yeah that is true what he said about getting a hunter. truthfully i dont mind hand feeding them and i have no problem feeding the female she takes whatever i offer with quickness.the male on the other hand just stays super hidden,i havnt seen him since i sexed em(like 5days ago).i looked for him today but couldnt find him anywhere.hes well hidden i some burrow i havnt seen im sure.
as for the bark scorpion forget those maaaann.if im having something venomous its going to be a false water cobra.barks can stay outside or sent to you guys. and it is funny how they just sit outside and not seem to care at all.after all they know what theyre packing.

oh and tomorrow is when they get their false bottom so im i hope i find male or there is going to be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 8:24 pm

Oh yeah! Tomorrow is the big day! You'll find him I'm sure...
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 8:27 pm

shining wrote:
spinnin tom yeah that is true what he said about getting a hunter. truthfully i dont mind hand feeding them and i have no problem feeding the female she takes whatever i offer with quickness.the male on the other hand just stays super hidden,i havnt seen him since i sexed em(like 5days ago).i looked for him today but couldnt find him anywhere.hes well hidden i some burrow i havnt seen im sure.
as for the bark scorpion forget those maaaann.if im having something venomous its going to be a false water cobra.barks can stay outside or sent to you guys. and it is funny how they just sit outside and not seem to care at all.after all they know what theyre packing.

oh and tomorrow is when they get their false bottom so im i hope i find male or there is going to be a problem.

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
shining
Parabuthus
shining

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 9:18 pm

yep the big day..ill post another forum on the route im going to go with the false bottom and here your guys''''' opinions. and after its set up ill take some pics of the viv.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty6/2/2011, 9:21 pm

Perfecto
Back to top Go down
JordyBoy
Pandinus
JordyBoy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty3/26/2012, 6:45 pm

my emp is always climbing the glass!! not stopped all day!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but   i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but Empty

Back to top Go down

i knew my scorps were supposed to hide alot but
Page 1 of 1