The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
arachnophile223
Pandinus
arachnophile223

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-05-16

i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice... Empty
PostSubject: i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice...   i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice... Empty5/16/2011, 6:15 pm

i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and want to know the procedure for doing so. do i introduce the male to the female's enclosure? or vice versa? or put them in a new one at the same time? is there anything special i need to do to get them to breed? and, assuming they do, how long would the female be gravid before she gave birth? and about how many young would they have? thanks
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice...   i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice... Empty5/16/2011, 7:28 pm

Hi dude,

I read your scorps are 4-5th instar? This is too early to mate them..
When they get adult, you can try to have a go.

You can put the male in the females' tank. Put a slate or hardrock somewhere where the male can put his spermatophore on. He will promenade a deux / coach her onto the hard piece of stone or wood, fertilizing her. So you dont have to do much, but wait and see.

You can also introduce both of them in a new enclosure, with a piece of slate installed in the middle. It is not needed however. Keep the temperature a bit hotter to promote breeding behaviour.

If she wants to, he will find her with his pectines.. but as I said, they need to be mature..

Good luck

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
arachnophile223
Pandinus
arachnophile223

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice...   i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice... Empty5/16/2011, 7:40 pm

pluto wrote:
Hi dude,

I read your scorps are 4-5th instar? This is too early to mate them..
When they get adult, you can try to have a go.

You can put the male in the females' tank. Put a slate or hardrock somewhere where the male can put his spermatophore on. He will promenade a deux / coach her onto the hard piece of stone or wood, fertilizing her. So you dont have to do much, but wait and see.

You can also introduce both of them in a new enclosure, with a piece of slate installed in the middle. It is not needed however. Keep the temperature a bit hotter to promote breeding behaviour.

If she wants to, he will find her with his pectines.. but as I said, they need to be mature..

Good luck

Cheers!

haha no! lol my V. spinigerus are 4-5th instar my confusus are 1.5" and mature lol! and thanks! Very Happy i went to my other post and i didn't write it clearly. i edited and corrected it. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice...   i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice... Empty

Back to top Go down

i think i may try breeding my V. confusus and need some advice...
Page 1 of 1