The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty
PostSubject: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 9:30 am

Hi,
I decided to head down to the post depo just in case it had arrived there early. And whoooo it had. Fretting, stressing and worrying over it is now unpacked and into its new home.
Here is a few pics of him (I think it is a him as I had a quick go at sexing it by counting pectinal teeth and looks like it's a male). He is very lively and good at climbing lol. He doesn't seem to be very aggressive. Even after poking and prodding him to get into the box to see underneath him and then moving him over to his enclosure he never once went into a defensive posture or used his claws or sting.
[img]Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. P1030199[/img]

[img]Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. P1030200[/img]

[img]Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. P1030201[/img]
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 9:41 am

Nice one, I'm waiting for a parcel that was posted last Tuesday in Germany.
Not looking good for the scorps inside now. I'm VERY not happy with the postal system.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 10:22 am

Sweet Callum, what size did you go for? Obviously bigger than the small but is that an adult?
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 11:04 am

It is good to see him adapting so fast, so well! Stress is something I always try to avoid or keep to a minimum on these critters. How big do they get??

Looks wicked too!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 12:02 pm

Awesome glad you went and fetched him Smile looks huge compared to mine lol take it you got the larger one lol

Peloquin wrote:
Not looking good for the scorps inside now. I'm VERY not happy with the postal system.

+1 hope it comes tomorrow, if its not here by the weekend then i guess we not getting it Sad hope they are somewhere warm
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 12:23 pm

Peloquin wrote:

If they are WELL packed, the scorpions should still be alive. They survive in much harsher conditions temperaturewise etc.
Only thing that might hurt is folk at the post trying to throw the parcel from Germany to GB (which more often than not happens sadly Bang Head )
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 12:25 pm

well some of them are only scorplings think they was still on mum last monday posted thursday, so with no food or water for over a week it doesnt look good for mine Sad
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 1:52 pm

Ye I'm sorry to hear, but try to be positive!

It would have been better if they had a first meal before shipment Crying or Very sad
Anyway, I have a little story which might give you hopes on a good arrival.

A spider I had sent to a very friendly Swedish guy arrived alive. It didnt have the delay you had, but they were a sensitive species and I packed it with a 'heatpack'. Turned out, it was not a regular heat pack, but a hand warming tool. Only good for about 1h. I was a tool, not checking it first.

As you know, mail to Sweden is with the airplane and what not. The styrofoam box missed the lid upon arrival and the spiders prolly have been abused by the postal services because it was very light boxed and just taped up again.

They arrived alive and kicking. The person was very happy, so was I.

The same species I had at that time, suffered from DKS. A small spider i had to put out of his misery because of this.

I also had hottentotta scorplings, which one got DKS too.. Surprisingly it pulled through!!!

Also, I ordered some more scorplings about a year ago. The box was, when it left, square. When it arrived at my place it looked more like a feeding ball. Alle messed up and even opened. Again, with a tape on it saying : 'this package has been damaged. We are sorry for the inconvenience'. It was a 4 day travel with a semi cut open box. They all survived and were i2 at the time.
Now the moral of this story:

The little buggers are stronger than you think they are. They certainly are hardier than any other spider.. so my guess is, if you get them. They will be alive.

My second guess is, if you offer them a pinhead, they will get it from the first minute and your worries are over. All scorplings I have and had, are ferocious eaters.. but they can take a week or two without food. Dehydration is a more urgent matter tbh. Good thing a box doesnt get too hot and there is no sunlight. The bit of moist in there, will stay in there.

I hope for you it arrives real real soon now though. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty5/4/2011, 2:14 pm

I got the one slightly cheaper than the largest 2 Martin at Bugzuk had in. It was labelled as 4/5cm I think and cost £35. His largest were labelled at 5/6cm.
I don't think it is quite an adult yet as I beleive this species reaches about 10cm when adult.

It is super active though. It kept trying to climb up the bark and onto my hand when I was having a look at him earlier. Not something I personally want with me being allergic to stings and all that lol (although as I said earlier he is so docile and I doubt he would sting but I am still not risking it lol).

I hope your scorpions arrive ok Peloquin. If scorps and spiders can arrive alive and well on chilled fruit imported from abroad hopefully yours will be ok after a few days delayed in the post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.   Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home. Empty

Back to top Go down

Panic over. My I. dufoureius is home.
Page 1 of 1