The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.

Go down 
+34
shaneshac
steven555
shadowfoot
Scorpion19981000
scorpmania
Wearelegion
bluefrogtat2
Henderson
lycanlord
Obeah
tfleming
tdark1
Chrome
AnthonyNeubauer
spinnin_tom
nivlaisme
69wishes
Will3
Jay
Cyanide
tlb_05
Roblicious
kingzy88
leiurusSaleen820
takos
leathalreptiles
pluto
Streettrash
Miami T
*~BEX~*
iitomodachi1
DolbyR
Vin Diesel
**GS**
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/13/2011, 2:10 pm

*~BEX~* wrote:
Nice write up and awesome pics GS Smile

Thanks BEX Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nivlaisme
Pandinus
nivlaisme

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/25/2011, 11:44 pm

Hello guys i got a very noob question need your guys for help...

As i know Androctonus australis and Androctonus australis lybicus share
the same pectines of the female with 22 to 29 teeth and male's ones with
30 to 38 teeth.

Can both of them mate together ???

I'm just curious...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/25/2011, 11:52 pm

Different morphs can be bred, but it is frowned upon to do so.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/26/2011, 3:34 am

nivlaisme wrote:
Hello guys i got a very noob question need your guys for help...

As i know Androctonus australis and Androctonus australis lybicus share
the same pectines of the female with 22 to 29 teeth and male's ones with
30 to 38 teeth.

Can both of them mate together ???

I'm just curious...

Thanks

If you are asking "can" or "not", i think the two specimen you mentioned will proceed with mating if they are both sexually ready.

If you asking for opinion of whether "should" you do it or not, i think its up to individual. My 2cents Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/26/2011, 1:11 pm

thought i best comment
i love you guys' pics Very Happy
i love Andro's.. give it a couple of years and i'll be moving to mainland Europe (i hope lol) Razz
Back to top Go down
nivlaisme
Pandinus
nivlaisme

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 5:12 am

Thank you guys for the info...
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 6:01 am

I know it is not appropriate to do so. But when I have my mauritanicus full grown. And I have some sexed individuals and some gravid females. I will try to mate a female Mauritanicus with a male australis.

See what it gives. The scorplings will not be sold, if in fact it works. Not trying to be the nutty professor. But just to see if it works. If it does I can imagine in the wild, we have all this variety in species because of this. Since there are no black australis, it might in fact, not work at all but i will be ready with my spoon to prevent injury.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 6:10 am

pluto wrote:
I know it is not appropriate to do so. But when I have my mauritanicus full grown. And I have some sexed individuals and some gravid females. I will try to mate a female Mauritanicus with a male australis.

See what it gives. The scorplings will not be sold, if in fact it works. Not trying to be the nutty professor. But just to see if it works. If it does I can imagine in the wild, we have all this variety in species because of this. Since there are no black australis, it might in fact, not work at all but i will be ready with my spoon to prevent injury.

Cool. I'm sure you'll be ready with spoony. I'm curious with the outcome as well Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 6:13 am

Ye I know prolly abominations, but still.. its to learn. Not to start a different species lol.
I'll keep you informed. I would try it with an exceptionally large bicolor female and a male australis, but I think the size difference would get hard to overcome.

I'm not nuts and do have respect for the animals. Im just too curious lol.
99% sure it doesnt work and if it does, something will go or be wrong with a brood.

Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 6:31 am

you might end up with a 3 tailed scorpion, with 3 legs and a wheel :L
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 6:31 am

It'll be a cool experiment for sure. I want to make something similar but with H. tamulus - to mate a H. t. sindicus with a H.t. gangeticus. AFAIK they should be able to mate and produce some hybrid kind of color morph.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 7:04 am

If they dont attack each other. I believe they all have different chemical 'smells'.. This is why I think, trying it cant harm.. succeeding, well thats another story, but I wish you luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 7:04 am

spinnin_tom wrote:
you might end up with a 3 tailed scorpion, with 3 legs and a wheel :L

lol! true...

Or an awesome supersized megafattailed, tailsegments marblelike bicolor looking australis.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 7:45 am

or that..
might be emperor sized Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 8:40 am

I dont like it, but have you ever heard of a liger? Its a cross bred lion-tiger... It is MASSIVE.
They get this big because of an error in their genetic code which makes them grow much larger than any both of the parents.

Like I said, its not meant to be a new species, but it would be cool to find out.
I dont know if more simple organisms react the same way as warm blooded animals do to crossbreeding.

In fact, when crossbred there usually ALWAYS is somehting wrong. Look at the vicious cultivated honey bees.

People wanted honey all year round, but european honey bees were too soft. They died. The african counterparts, they survived, but were too small to get sufficient honey. So they crossbred them. They now have killerbees. Mentally insane attacking everything. As large as an european honey bee, as hard as African bees.. and with a temper! Its an abomination and spreading because they are so hardy.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 9:13 am

yeah ive been researching them few weeks back after my sister told me about them i was amazed lol you can get ligers and tigons, unfortunatly all the males of these are born infertile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A27774552
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 9:32 am

Exactly.. all crossbreds have their genetic problems. They do however are healthy ..
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 9:36 am

but it's good they are infertile.
they can't spread
that's what annoys me with parrot ''cichlids'' . they have now been bred so they can breed withou artificial insemination
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/27/2011, 7:22 pm

So I recently picked up some 2i Aa's. Trying to get some decent photos of them, but they are nervous little bastards. They won't sit still and pose for me.
Back to top Go down
nivlaisme
Pandinus
nivlaisme

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/28/2011, 5:29 am

pluto wrote:

Bro very interesting... Hope you can keep us update...
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/28/2011, 6:28 am

Streettrash wrote:
So I recently picked up some 2i Aa's. Trying to get some decent photos of them, but they are nervous little bastards. They won't sit still and pose for me.

have fun doing that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/28/2011, 9:34 am

Streettrash wrote:

I'm proud of you! You finally have got some Aa's! Good luck with them dude and yes, when they are small they really are skittish and uberfast. They blend in with the sand too, very hard to notice them straight away.

How many you got?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/28/2011, 9:43 am

I ended up with two slings. I had ordered 3 but my box got mixed up with another order. We got everything sorted out though so it's no big deal.

I like them though. They are pretty nervous, and very fast!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/28/2011, 11:01 am

WHen were they born? Mine only a 2 weeks old are idd very fast.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty7/28/2011, 1:06 pm

Not sure the exact date, but it would have to be around three weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.
Page 14 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next