The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.

Go down 
+34
shaneshac
steven555
shadowfoot
Scorpion19981000
scorpmania
Wearelegion
bluefrogtat2
Henderson
lycanlord
Obeah
tfleming
tdark1
Chrome
AnthonyNeubauer
spinnin_tom
nivlaisme
69wishes
Will3
Jay
Cyanide
tlb_05
Roblicious
kingzy88
leiurusSaleen820
takos
leathalreptiles
pluto
Streettrash
Miami T
*~BEX~*
iitomodachi1
DolbyR
Vin Diesel
**GS**
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/1/2011, 1:33 am

@pluto
Yeah same here.. ha
P.Trans has the ability to inject higher quantity of venom even though their venom is not as potent as compared to Androcs.

@Miami T
Nice addition of A.maur bro Smile
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/1/2011, 7:06 pm

Guys whats the difference between the A. Australis (regular morph) than A. Australis (hector morph, etc.)?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/1/2011, 8:23 pm

The hector has darker chela. Not sure if there is a size difference though. I've never seen a Hector in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/1/2011, 8:38 pm

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if you were found keeping these without a DWAL? A large fine? Possibly a search warrant issued? They look very cool and mean to boot. Not worth the risk though. Get tagged, get fined lol.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/1/2011, 8:58 pm

Lol. Don't get tagged! Especially not by A. australis. Not sure about your crazy DWA laws over there, but I'd expect at the very least a fine and your animals would be confiscated and euthanized.
Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/1/2011, 9:15 pm

Is there no restrictions in the US? I agree with the logic if you keep a deadly animal all consequence is on your own back. Unless you're planting them in peoples beds or something haha.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/1/2011, 10:17 pm

There are restrictions on certain things. Venomous reptiles are regulated, at least in my state. Things like monkeys are illegal in certain places. Anything deemed as potentially invasive as well like certain stick bugs and crayfish. In my state there are no regulations on inverts at all.
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/1/2011, 11:07 pm

Here in our place, people who wants scorps such as A.A, LQ etc. dont have the need of the permission for venomous animals Smile just buy it there you go Smile "buy at your own risks" Smile

and IDK why Smile
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/2/2011, 2:42 pm

the government just wants to control all the animals people own so they can tax the breeders more and get there money from the one owning the animal by having to buy a special permit not to mention the test u have to take before they will give you a permit !! we can thank that to the ones out there getting the animals and are not supposed to have them oh and not to mention the ones letting them go where they can survive and mess up our eco system !!! i just wish people would think about all of us that do it by the book before they go get one and end up making the laws get worse cause they got cought and wasnt supposed to have it to begin with !!!!! we all love the hobby why not ensure that we will be able to continue to own them by going by the laws !!!!! one day if people dont stop and think before they buy or handle venomous or dangerous animals without proper care being taken we all may one day not be able to own any exotics anymore!!!!!!! just something to think about and spread to other exotic keepers!!!! we can make a difference if we can get others to understand that by making the right choice before they buy an exotic animal and end up in jail and not to mention the laws that will change for us who have done it all right from the start !!!!! why take from us all just because u wanted to have the animal but knew you shouldnt have got it to begin with ?!!!!!!!!!???
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/2/2011, 3:03 pm

Streettrash wrote:
The hector has darker chela. Not sure if there is a size difference though. I've never seen a Hector in the flesh.
+1 Smile
As for size difference, AA Tunisia and AA Hectors are larger then regular A.Australis. With thicker tails.
In my little experience, difference in overall size is about 15-25%
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/2/2011, 3:09 pm

here is a pic of my bicolor when she wouldnt leave the paper towel to go back into her cage lol!! :venom: [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Camera10
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/2/2011, 5:23 pm

That is one FAT tail!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/2/2011, 5:33 pm

Streettrash wrote:
That is one FAT tail!
agreed!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/3/2011, 9:27 pm

does anyone know in inches how big the bicolor will get tops??? Question
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/3/2011, 9:29 pm

oh and ya it is a big fat one i couldnt have got a better scorp!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/3/2011, 10:11 pm

If it's a regular bicolor I think the top off at 8cm or just over 3 inches from mouth to sting. Pluto has some aneas morphs and he said they are about half that size.
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 12:38 am

i take it that with the tail spread out flat?? i would say it is a regular bicolor from what i would think. please post a pic of the aneas morph if anyone has one i would like to see the diff in the two or is there any diff besides the size? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 1:15 am

Nope. Just size, and yes the measurement is with the tail out flat.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 1:15 am

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Hgfl
[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Img0112tv
[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Ndqx

size and coloration. It is as big as a big cricket
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 1:17 am

I thought the color was the same Pluto?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 1:19 am

pinchers and legs are more reddish instead of yellow. At least from what I can compare
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 1:27 am

I see. I noticed that when my bicolors catch dinner, they will sling it on their back and run around looking for shelter. Yours ever do this?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 1:33 am

Not really Smile

They catch them and smoke them as I call it. You see a cricket in their mouthparts and they usually lift it up as if they are smoking them..

You can check out on A. Bicolor and morphs in Vachon part 4. But I cant upload .Pdf to imageshack (duh) so I wouldnt know how to link it here...
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 1:35 am

Is it on a website?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty6/4/2011, 1:41 am

Yes but i cant find it anymore. Give me a pm with your email and ill mail it to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.
Page 6 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next