The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

What's wrong with my emp?

Go down 
+2
H. laoticus
Orin67
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orin67
Pandinus

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-12

What's wrong with my emp? Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/29/2011, 11:10 pm

There is something wrong with my emps telson. It seems there is a growth between the tail and the telson. It's been there for about two days. I also can't tell how old he is but I've had him for over a year now and he has never molted. If anyone could tell me anything I'd appreciate it. [url=http://www.4shared.com/photo/OjLTuW68/Mobile_Photo_110329_213652.html ]http://www.4shared.com/photo/OjLTuW68/Mobile_Photo_110329_213652.html [/url]

Last edited by Orin67 on 3/30/2011, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/30/2011, 5:22 am

Hey, sorry but your link doesn't seem to work. What does the growth look like?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/30/2011, 6:30 am

H. laoticus wrote:
Hey, sorry but your link doesn't seem to work. What does the growth look like?

+1 your link doesnt work, do you know if its an adult then? also is it affecting him in any way? sure its not just feces as that is where the scorpions anus is just belong the telson Smile
Back to top Go down
Orin67
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/30/2011, 10:44 am

I changed the link and uploaded it a different way. I don't know what else to do if thatdoesnt work. The Internet hasn't been turned on yet in my new place and I'm currently just using my phone for this. The growth is located in the joint between the telson and the last segment of his tail. It looks sort of like when someone has a compound fracture in their arm or something and the bone is sticking out. The color is white like the joint. I believe he is subadult since I've only had him for a little over a year and he was only 2-3 inches long when I got him. I'm not sure about the feces thing either the growth has now been there for three days and usually he does his business in one night.
Back to top Go down
shanos
Babycurus
shanos

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/30/2011, 5:31 pm

is a 30x30x30cm glass terrarium ok for a scorpio maurus and wot wattage heat bulb would u get for a tank this big thanks
Back to top Go down
Billy No Mates
Centruroides
Billy No Mates

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/30/2011, 9:20 pm

After seeing the picture I'd agree with Bex in saying it's just feces.
Back to top Go down
Orin67
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 1:26 am

Sweet so nothing to fret about. What about molting? When should I expect to see that since he's never done it?
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 2:26 am

Orin67: If it's still immature, you'll know it's ready to molt when it gets very large and looks like it's ready to burst lol

Shanos: That sized tank would be more than enough room. I'd say a 50-60W would be enough to cover it, giving the scorp a warm spot and a cooler spot to choose from.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 3:08 am

Still can't get that link to work is it feces then lol that was just a guess,

Orin67 - This is what a pre molt scorp looks like...

What's wrong with my emp? IMG_3226

What's wrong with my emp? IMG_3225

And here's one after moly nxt to it's molt...

What's wrong with my emp? IMG_3238
Back to top Go down
Billy No Mates
Centruroides
Billy No Mates

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 10:39 am

Sorted the picture link out.

What's wrong with my emp? Mobile_Photo_110329_213652
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 10:49 am

ah right yeah does look like poop
Back to top Go down
Orin67
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 11:10 am

Thanks guys. He's gotten really puffy like bex's pictures but he never did anything. He just deflated after a couple days. Figured he ate too much because I fed him a lot more than usual.
Back to top Go down
Orin67
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 11:19 am

By the way what kind of bedding do you use for your emperors? All I've found at the petsmart here is a hard bark mulch. Is there some kind of potting soil that's safe?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 11:55 am

Orin67 wrote:
Thanks guys. He's gotten really puffy like bex's pictures but he never did anything. He just deflated after a couple days. Figured he ate too much because I fed him a lot more than usual.

our female emp does that all the time, we thought she was gravid initially but she deflated and then re-inflated lol and does this quite regular got some pics somewhere will dig them out Smile

and just use cocoa fiber, i would avoid wood chip/bark stuff
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 12:15 pm

ours went form this

What's wrong with my emp? 8fbcceb1

to this

What's wrong with my emp? PIC_0640
What's wrong with my emp? PIC_0642

to this

What's wrong with my emp? 763bc1f8

in a matter of a few weeks, then she seems to balloon for a few days and shrink again lol very weird
Back to top Go down
valko
Hadogenes
valko

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty3/31/2011, 12:39 pm

Hi ;

Very nice pictures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.vdkreptiles.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with my emp?   What's wrong with my emp? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with my emp?
Page 1 of 1