The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

How to List Your Inverts!

Go down 
+4
DLP
iitomodachi1
Dracennights
H. laoticus
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/21/2010, 12:31 am

DLP wrote:
i was wondering if the option for the [ tabs] BBcode was about the same kind of thing iitomodachi1...
because i think it could com in very useful for the admin.
like as in if admin wanted to have a sticky, say on sexing methods with info images and links. other than just the thread it self,

well like this example with images...

Link was removed due to some potential rule breaking images contained in a different post but on the same page

That's pretty sweet!! I'll play around with it a little but chances are if it is not working in a sig something may need to be set up Admin side. I am not really sure as I'm not overly familiar with forums. Really this is the one that I've been most active on ever.

Technically whose forum is this, yours Mr. Mordax? Not quite sure the hierarchy around here but maybe one of the Admin's can explain if they think it is appropriate. I'd be very interested in understanding how this stuff works a little more.
I'd imagine that this forum was some customizable layout and someone set it all up, colors, themes, etc. I'd also assume that there would be a ton of preferences and settings just like our own profiles but for the whole forum. In those I'd imagine that there would be settings to allow different types of code; html etc. I wouldn't even be surprised if only certain BB tags were deemed necessary and appropriate so some are not usable, or else there are some just like custom controls in software development; you can create your own or buy 3rd party and in either case there is a little extra set up required for them to actually play nice with everything else.

Anybody know if I'm on the right track here?

I'll have to take a look at the tab tag as it looks like it could be pretty cool. I'll see if I can get it to work with say the scrolling BB tags and you could click on scorps, t's or other. If I can get it to work I'll post it up. Now for the dishes - I hate doing anything else once my head is in code mode, at least I left my cold beer in the kitchen so that helps Smile

Last edited by iitomodachi1 on 11/21/2010, 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : URL contained some inappropriate images that were elsewhere on the page that was being referenced)
Back to top Go down
DLP
Centruroides
DLP

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/21/2010, 12:51 am

i do not now whose site that is but my son goes there for his gaming social fix lol
i don't think i would like to see the back end code to that it might be big bloat on the forum, but i have seen a open source tabs like this that was way smaller than one would guess so who knows.
i was thinking not just about Sigs but the admin and how they could put it to good use.

LOL i think we are way off on this topic in a way lol -SORRY-

Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/21/2010, 1:18 am

No worries, I'll bring it around Smile thus my attempt at using it as a sig!! As for the site I was referring to this forum. Sorry

This is what I tried -
Code:

[tab]Scorps:|Spiders:|Other:|Wanted:
[scroll]Hottentotta Trilineatus 2.3.40 | Vaejovis/Hoffmanius Spinigerus 0.2.66 | Hetermetrus Spinifer 0.0.4 | Babycurus Jacksoni 0.0.3[/scroll]
{|}
[scroll]Grammostola Rosea 0.0.1 | Brachypelma Smithi 0.0.1 | Heteroscodra Maculata 0.0.4 | Psalmopoeus Irminia 0.0.4 | Pterinochilous Murinus 0.0.9[/scroll]
{|}
[scroll]Blaptica Dubia 0.0.150+ | Fromphadorhina Portentosa 0.0.300+ | Zophobas Morio 0.0.25+ | Python Regius 0.0.1 | Homo Sapiens 1.0.0[/scroll]
{|}
[scroll]Parabuthus Transvalicus | Androctonus Crassicauda | Androctonus Maroccanus | Androctonus Bicolor | Babycurus Gigas[/scroll]
[/tab]

And this is what I got -
[tab]Scorps:|Spiders:|Other:|Wanted:
Hottentotta Trilineatus 2.3.40 | Vaejovis/Hoffmanius Spinigerus 0.2.66 | Hetermetrus Spinifer 0.0.4 | Babycurus Jacksoni 0.0.3
{|}
Grammostola Rosea 0.0.1 | Brachypelma Smithi 0.0.1 | Heteroscodra Maculata 0.0.4 | Psalmopoeus Irminia 0.0.4 | Pterinochilous Murinus 0.0.9
{|}
Blaptica Dubia 0.0.150+ | Fromphadorhina Portentosa 0.0.300+ | Zophobas Morio 0.0.25+ | Python Regius 0.0.1 | Homo Sapiens 1.0.0
{|}
Parabuthus Transvalicus | Androctonus Crassicauda | Androctonus Maroccanus | Androctonus Bicolor | Babycurus Gigas
[/tab]

I did a little searching around and found the link below which leads me to believe that these are like custom controls and you have to install them or have the file on the server in some directory for the tab tag to work as in your example. It is a shame that it doesn't work, it would have been awesome for a sig. Still could be cool for Admins to use though as you suggested DLP.

http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1149
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/21/2010, 2:05 pm

I'm on my phone right now - I'll look over this when I have a little time on my laptop.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/21/2010, 3:38 pm

I'm not familiar with flash or messing around with images too much but does anyone know if you can take a chunk of html or something like the scrolling signature and make a gif out of it? Then just use the gif for your signature??
Back to top Go down
DLP
Centruroides
DLP

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/22/2010, 6:51 am

hay Mr. Mordax i did some checking last night an i think it some thing for vBulliten so i do not if its worth looking into but man as soon as i saw that i thought that would be a great way to have more content in one post well for admin anyway...

iitomodachi1
you could just make make your image the background of a table
and then put your scrolling code in the table data so it looks overlapped...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/22/2010, 9:50 pm

As far as ownership goes, Kejser and I are the only active administrators at this point -- I was gone for a few months but I'm back on board; Kejser usually pops in from time to time.

I can't find anything in the administrative tools about what codes are allowed and what aren't, but BBCode should generally work (same code as used in most VBulletin-powered forums) and HTML works so long as you have it enabled in your user settings.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/22/2010, 10:56 pm

Thanks for the explanation Mr. Mordax

DLP, I could do the table thing but that is going to push the limit of the signature just like the scrolling text. There is only so much you can with that limit, once your collection gets to big or your have set too many properties you just cannot do any more. I played with some images last night and will do some more playing. I want to try and create a gif so that I can get a scrolling or alternating effect with images. We'll see how it turns out. With an image though it is harder to update but will stay within the limits no matter what you cram in there Smile
Back to top Go down
DLP
Centruroides
DLP

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/22/2010, 11:03 pm

ya your right Bro....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/23/2010, 12:29 am

Someone linked me the "tab" BBCode -- has anyone actually tried it in this forum? If it works, and if each tab is within the constraints set in the signature rules (link here: https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/scorpionforum-rules-f4/rules-on-signatures-t1443.htm and linked in any signature that violates them), you're free to use it.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty11/23/2010, 1:03 am

That is awesome, cwn you post example code? I tried it and it didn't work, I'll have to look at it again. I did post the code a little ways back on this thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to List Your Inverts!   How to List Your Inverts! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to List Your Inverts!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3