The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Just a few pics

Go down 
+7
LXDNG79
nynoname
iitomodachi1
_scorpio_
H. laoticus
the lycan mikey
Jay
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty8/31/2010, 12:41 pm

Hi just playing with my new camera, still trying to get used to it. Taking pics of everything at the moment lol thought i'd show a few of them.

Haddy guarding her burrow
Just a few pics  IMG_0888

B. coriaceus
Just a few pics  IMG_0851
Just a few pics  IMG_0877

V/H. spinigerus
Just a few pics  IMG_0749
Just a few pics  IMG_0741
Just a few pics  IMG_0643
Just a few pics  IMG_0612

Thanks for looking

Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty8/31/2010, 1:43 pm

nice... good shots and nice collection =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/1/2010, 6:17 am

Thank you mate. You know it will never stop there, so addicted!
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/1/2010, 4:44 pm

Nice setups! Sweet desert hairy burrow too.
I particularly like the B. coriaceus. I don't think I've ever seen one, but the colors are very beautiful on it.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/1/2010, 5:36 pm

Thanks, I used excavator sand in the haddy setup, not sure how deep the burrow is but theres a couple of entrances and the one in the pic is right at the front of the glass.

Yea the coriaceus has nice colours. The pics don't really show it but the tips of the chlea are red.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/1/2010, 6:49 pm

H arizonensis has mycosis on one front foot there. i don't think its too much of an issue, mine has it slightly too...
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/2/2010, 3:40 am

Yea I know, its been like that since I got her quite a while ago now. Also has it on another foot and a small spot on her telson. It hasn't spread at all since i'v had her, keep her warm and dry. Also there's none undernether her near the book lungs luckily so think she will be fine.

I did post about it when I first got her but soon found there's not alot you can do but cheers for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/3/2010, 8:09 pm

Great pics! The are all beautiful looking scorps!
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/13/2010, 11:07 am

Cheers mate! I see your collection is growing fast like mine!
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/21/2010, 6:53 am

Got a couple more pics to show, thought i'd keep it in one thread. I went up my local retile shop Scales and Fangs (i'v got most my scorps from there now) yesterday to get some pinheads for the spinigerus babies and ended up coming home with this guy. It's a Caraboctonus Keyserlingi, couldn't resist it!
Just a few pics  IMG_1460

Also wanted to show my shelves are slowly filling up, i'l need more space soon!
Just a few pics  IMG_1454
Just a few pics  IMG_1456

Thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
nynoname
Babycurus
nynoname

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/21/2010, 11:46 am

very nice! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/21/2010, 1:11 pm

thanks, no hand pics i'm afraid i'm not as brave as you! haha
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/22/2010, 12:00 am

well done... Jamie, sweet stacked steup!
Back to top Go down
nynoname
Babycurus
nynoname

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/22/2010, 1:26 am

lol you can do it dont be afraid ! lmao Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/24/2010, 3:42 am

cheers LXDNG79, must mean something coming from a pro at optimising space!

maybe one day i'll try handling the haddy but the small quick ones can stay where they are lol the beardies keep me busy handling wise
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/24/2010, 4:52 am

Nice!really like your setups! we want to get more onlt got 3 at the moment but thats one per week so far lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nynoname
Babycurus
nynoname

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/24/2010, 9:14 am

lol Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/24/2010, 10:52 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
Hi just playing with my new camera, still trying to get used to it. Taking pics of everything at the moment lol thought i'd show a few of them.
So what kind of camera did you get? I have struggled with close ups with my little Canon SD1000 which I used for any pics I have currently posted up here. I will however be posting more new ones soon as I just got a new camera as well. I bought my cousins old Nikon D40x. I have to try to figure it out this weekend. The following day I received 18 new T. slings as well so it's been a bit busy around here :/ In a good way of course!

JamieLawrence wrote:
Cheers mate! I see your collection is growing fast like mine!
Thanks, it definitely is. I want to get some P. Transvaalicus and a colony going of B. Jacksoni and then I may email all breaders state side requesting them to refuse selling me anything for at least a year Smile I will still do a little potential breading though!
Your set up is looking sweet, something to definitely sit and stare at for hours! Keep the pics coming!
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/29/2010, 7:01 am

Cheers Bex, one per week sounds like a good average to me lol keep it up! Got a next scorp in mind? Desert hairy would suit you I think. Mines got a good burrow but is still always out.

Sorry for bit of a late reply mate but I recently got a canon eos 500d with the 18-55mm kit lens. I aint got a clue what im doing with it yet to be honest still using auto modes but slowly learning shutter speeds, aperture, depth of field etc... A macro lens is at the top of my list atm to get alot closer.
Is the D40x a film camera? I think its realy hard to learn on a film camera cause of the wait to see the images where as with digital you can take as many as you want and delete ones you dont want and you learn alot quicker.

Your so lucky to be able to get hold of species like that, makes me wish I lived in the US. Wish my girlfriend thought like you lol she thinks I spend too much time staring at the scorps. They fascinate me more than anything i'v kept before. I'll definatly keep the pics coming and look forward to seeing more from you. Trying to get baby pics up atm but i'v taken a serious amount of failed shot of them though, too small.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/29/2010, 9:21 am

been trying to get hold of desert hairys without luck so now we have 5 small Heterometrus madraspatensis on the way due here nxt tuesday...yay,,,, and will keep trying to get desert hairys.

Hate the lack of species in the uk and the damn dwa laws
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/29/2010, 10:13 am

Cool, they're the ones with lighter coloured legs right? Like the look of those, get some pics up when they come. 5! that must put your average up to more than 1 a week. Where you ordered them from Martin Goss?

Where i'v been getting mine from locally said they're due some Haddys soon, ill keep an eye out as your not far. I'm after another 1 but yet to see one without mycosis though.

Yea we are quite restricted over here, its a shame they just wrote off all the buthids.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/29/2010, 1:14 pm

JamieLawrence wrote:
Sorry for bit of a late reply mate but I recently got a canon eos 500d with the 18-55mm kit lens. I aint got a clue what im doing with it yet to be honest still using auto modes but slowly learning shutter speeds, aperture, depth of field etc... A macro lens is at the top of my list atm to get alot closer.
Is the D40x a film camera? I think its realy hard to learn on a film camera cause of the wait to see the images where as with digital you can take as many as you want and delete ones you dont want and you learn alot quicker.

Your so lucky to be able to get hold of species like that, makes me wish I lived in the US. Wish my girlfriend thought like you lol she thinks I spend too much time staring at the scorps. They fascinate me more than anything i'v kept before. I'll definatly keep the pics coming and look forward to seeing more from you. Trying to get baby pics up atm but i'v taken a serious amount of failed shot of them though, too small.

The D40x is a digital SLR. I had just picked it up from my cousin. I have a nice point and shoot (Cannon Powershot SD1000) but wanted something more. No worries as I don't have a clue how to do anything with mine either Smile I'm just starting to figure it out. And I agree wholly with using film. There is a bit of 'Romantic' side to using film but just learning digital is the way to go. I have a really nice Canon EOS Elan 7 which is a film camera but I have no idea how to use it either and hope after using the D40x I can use that from time to time.

It sounds like our cameras are fairly comparable actually I just looked yours up. I also have an equivalent kit lens. It is a great all rounder but I am looking at both a Macro and a regular zoom lens as well. Macro first Smile It may have to wait until the beginning of the year as I should get some sort of tax return back and would be able to afford a lens at that point (hopefully it doesn't hinder any plans of buying a ticket to Thailand). I'll get some new pics up soon, I have taken a bunch just haven't sat down to pick out which ones to post. (another great benefit of digital - memory cards by the gigabit allow for thousands of pictures, but also make for a lot of sifting through to find the ones you want to use).

I'd be a bit bummed with the restrictions you guys have too, it is different here from state to state though. I know Florida is a lot more strict that say Wisconsin. Here there are only laws prohibiting the keeping of endangered or protected species of anything. If it makes you feel better and I do get my hands on some P. Trans I will post a lot of pics Smile. I'll also let you know if I come up with any tips or tricks for the camera Smile

And for whatever it is worth there would be a lot of cool things about living in the UK that we don't have either - like real Football!! I have to drive to Chicago to see the Chicago Fire play (MLS). I'd say chicks with British accents too but that probably doesn't phase you lol!
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/29/2010, 1:35 pm

JamieLawrence wrote:
Cool, they're the ones with lighter coloured legs right? Like the look of those, get some pics up when they come. 5! that must put your average up to more than 1 a week. Where you ordered them from Martin Goss?

Where i'v been getting mine from locally said they're due some Haddys soon, ill keep an eye out as your not far. I'm after another 1 but yet to see one without mycosis though.

Yea we are quite restricted over here, its a shame they just wrote off all the buthids.

Yeah the ones with the yellow legs lol...cant wait want them now ... getting them from bugzuk £5 each for small ones. and will deffo be taking pics straight away lol

Quote :
ill keep an eye out as your not far

cool thank you! really want one will they deliver? the dont have a website do they? is it scales and fangs you get stuff from?
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/29/2010, 1:40 pm

[quote="iitomodachi1"]
JamieLawrence wrote:

I'd be a bit bummed with the restrictions you guys have too, it is different here from state to state though. I know Florida is a lot more strict that say Wisconsin. Here there are only laws prohibiting the keeping of endangered or protected species of anything.

Florida doesnt have any restrictions that im aware of...
i can get whatever species i want provided the people at whatever pet store i go to can special order for me...
i havent had the time to see what i can get my hands on, but i know in some cases, a guy at one pet store said depending on species, it would either come to him at the pet store, or it would be personally delivered to my doorstep...

where did you read that Florida is stricter?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty9/29/2010, 2:47 pm

the lycan mikey wrote:

Florida doesnt have any restrictions that im aware of...
i can get whatever species i want provided the people at whatever pet store i go to can special order for me...
i havent had the time to see what i can get my hands on, but i know in some cases, a guy at one pet store said depending on species, it would either come to him at the pet store, or it would be personally delivered to my doorstep...

where did you read that Florida is stricter?

I'll have to search for it and let you know. I was actually searching for laws via google. It was a list of laws by state but had the disclaimer that smaller governments had their own restrictions like per city and stuff. An example would be that most cities around my area you can't own a snake without a permit that is longer than either 6 or 10 feet or something. But if you lived just outside city limits it isn't a problem as there are no laws by the state. I have seen numerous sources over the past few years regarding different permits and stuff needed in FL mainly because of the climate. Sounds like there are problems with pets being released into the wild such as a now hefty population of constricting snakes when 'natively' none had existed previously. If I can find the site I used I'll post it up. I was asked about laws when look into ordering from a dealer in FL.
I could be mistaken on the laws too as they may pertain to the sale of rather than ownership, I don't recall. That could be why some species you can get in a store and some are delivered to your door (that's just a speculation).
I recall for sure that most states have the same restrictions on endangered and protected species and seem to recall some concern over Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches as they could survive if they escaped, but I can't say for sure on that one.

***I just spent a few minutes looking for the sources I had pulled up at home to no luck regarding scorpions specifically. This was mostly Reptiles and other Verts. Huge ones were Burmese, African Rock and Reticulated Pythons, Green Anaconda and Nile Monitors. I'll have to check my browser history when I get home for more. I very well may be mistaken but I do know the laws are different from State to State and I was also able to confirm WI State laws, but that was what I was really looking for the other night too, FL just stuck out in my head. Below is one of the sites I had recalled looking at:

http://www.bornfreeusa.org/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a few pics  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a few pics    Just a few pics  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a few pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next