The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My scorpion is acting funny

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gimmexdatxbrain
Pandinus
Gimmexdatxbrain

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-23

My scorpion is acting funny  Empty
PostSubject: My scorpion is acting funny    My scorpion is acting funny  Empty8/27/2010, 10:57 pm

I have never really seen this before but my emp is raising the mesosoma in the air with its tail laying on her back and is continuing to do it. its almost like she is getting defensive but her tail isnt where it should be in a defensive position. i temporarily moved the lid to disturb her and she went into the defensive position, and then back into this weird position. I seperated her from the communal tank to see what happens and i didnt really get a pic of it cause i panicked and moved her, does anyone think she is giving birth or unhealthy or what? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Hadogenes
Roger

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is acting funny    My scorpion is acting funny  Empty8/27/2010, 11:01 pm

Sounds like she's grooming to me.
Back to top Go down
Gimmexdatxbrain
Pandinus
Gimmexdatxbrain

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is acting funny    My scorpion is acting funny  Empty8/28/2010, 12:19 am

well she wasnt really moving at all until i messed with the lid, but now she seems fine and i got her to eat a cricket. i think it might of just been a false alarm and maybe a little over reacting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is acting funny    My scorpion is acting funny  Empty9/6/2010, 3:29 pm

scorps do funny things but that sounds wierd lol. If it starts dragging its tail on the floor then get seriously worried. Lol. You werent over reacting if my scorps did that this first thing i would do is post something lol.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is acting funny    My scorpion is acting funny  Empty9/8/2010, 8:13 pm

mezzle992 wrote:
If it starts dragging its tail on the floor then get seriously worried.

ehh if its continuously dragging its tail and acting lethargic, than id really worry...
they drag their tails when they wipe their backside (which is located behind the aculeus (stinger) )

edit. it just sits with its claws open and tail flat?
and it readily accepts food?
lol that sounds like its hiding in plain view for prey...

ive seen both my females just come out of the caves after so many days of hiding and just sit on the dark side of the tank (its in my closet), and just sit there, and just sit there and just sit there some more for no reason for the better part of a day. than just casually circling the tank before going back to their own caves for more hiding...
sounds completely normal to me
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is acting funny    My scorpion is acting funny  Empty9/12/2010, 10:11 am

my spinnifer dragged its tail around for a couple of days and i thought nothing of it then when it stopped moving i knew something was wrong lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My scorpion is acting funny    My scorpion is acting funny  Empty

Back to top Go down

My scorpion is acting funny
Page 1 of 1