The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Euscorpius italicus brood....

Go down 
+2
mesx
Sativa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty
PostSubject: Euscorpius italicus brood....   Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty6/28/2010, 10:32 am

I've had a pair for a while that I have tried to breed for some time without luck.Well now I just discovered those little white buggers on her back Laughing I count 18 babies......Always makes me so happy when I get such surprises.
Funny thing is that the guy I bought them from, had 6 pairs together and now its shows that 4 females are in happy circumstances Very Happy at the same time/same month..Is that normal or is it just a coincidence ?
Euscorpius italicus brood.... 20100610
Back to top Go down
mesx
Pandinus

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius italicus brood....   Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty6/28/2010, 1:12 pm

Sativa wrote:
I've had a pair for a while that I have tried to breed for some time without luck.Well now I just discovered those little white buggers on her back Laughing I count 18 babies......Always makes me so happy when I get such surprises.
Funny thing is that the guy I bought them from, had 6 pairs together and now its shows that 4 females are in happy circumstances Very Happy at the same time/same month..Is that normal or is it just a coincidence ?
[/url]
Hey Sativa

Grats on the new babies! Euscorpius italicus brood.... 129887
Good luck raising them - keep us posted Smile
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius italicus brood....   Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty6/28/2010, 2:38 pm

Sativa wrote:
at the same time/same month..Is that normal or is it just a coincidence ?

I don't know for sure why it is, but I've heard of several instances where several specimens of Heterometrus sp have given birth simultaneously within the same week.

Maybe its something to do with the weather/seasons.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius italicus brood....   Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty7/4/2010, 4:05 pm

I had four U. mordax females give birth within a week -- they were also all captured at the same site, so it's not such a rare occurrence. Smile

Congrats on the brood. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sativa
Hadogenes
Sativa

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius italicus brood....   Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty7/4/2010, 11:02 pm

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your replies.
I imagine from what you say that this (giving birth the same time) is a common thing within the same species.

Seperated the babies last night.Counted 21 babies Very Happy
From what I've been reading the normal brood is between 20 and 40..Is that correct ?
Back to top Go down
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius italicus brood....   Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty7/5/2010, 9:55 am

nice .. i always like new broods Smile
Back to top Go down
Gnat
Centruroides
Gnat

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius italicus brood....   Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty7/5/2010, 10:08 pm

i had 4 different scorpions from 3 different species all give birth in 2 week period
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/gnat
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euscorpius italicus brood....   Euscorpius italicus brood.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Euscorpius italicus brood....
Page 1 of 1