The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Baby emp pics and video

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Baby emp pics and video Empty
PostSubject: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty6/9/2010, 8:25 pm

I know it took me a few days but here are my babies after about 14 months. I cant tell you all how happy I am with how many have made it... Like I said in my other post out of the 22 I have counted at least 15 still alive and well...

I never really did anything special for them. I kept the IR light on them pretty much 24/7 tried to keep water in the false bottom as much as I could and I fed them 3 dozen medium crickets once a week skipping a week every now and then... I cant tell you what the exact temps and humidity were cause I never put any gauges in the babies tank, Just the adults.

I will have a video up once its done uploading to youtube. Part way through the vid I turn off the IR light and use a flashlight for lighting for those of you that dont like the IR light just skip ahead some.... I know it can get annoying.

Baby emp pics and video 100_1610

Baby emp pics and video 100_1611

Baby emp pics and video 100_1612
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Absolution246
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty6/9/2010, 8:36 pm

Sweet Very Happy

Do they run around like that on their own?
Back to top Go down
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty6/9/2010, 8:50 pm

H. laoticus wrote:
Sweet Very Happy

Do they run around like that on their own?
Whenever I feed them I tap on the glass....You can hear it in the video. Once I tap they all come runnin lookin for crickets =)

Sorry for the crappy quality by the way... I had my cam set to 480 instead of 1080...I'll try and get some better vids if I have time

Here's the video

Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty6/10/2010, 1:09 am

Nice vid, the quality isn't that bad, either

I can't wait for my scorpion to pop so I can have a setup like that Very Happy
Im going to train them to come like you did too lol
Definitely post up more vids if you can, there are hardly any communal scorpion vids out there.
Thanks for the uploads!
Back to top Go down
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty6/12/2010, 2:43 pm

This is a better quality video but kinda bad lighting lol.... Be sure to make it 720P in the bottom right corner of the video for highest quality..Pretty sur its at 360P by default... Enjoy

direct link
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty6/13/2010, 2:14 am

wow, that's awesome

those little suckers can definitely hunt for themselves
That emp eating on the sphinx is pretty epic lol

why do you suppose they're juddering/shaking like that?
Maybe trying to tell the others "this is my cricket, get your own" ?
It's around 40 seconds when you can see it
Few more questions: what substrate are you using (mixed anything in?) because that burrow on the right side is holding up pretty well and what size is that tank?

thanks for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
uncleleo
Pandinus
uncleleo

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty6/13/2010, 2:27 am

Sorry if information will be restated, but what is the yellow stuff at the bottom of the enclosure?

handsome set up by the way, i really like the sphinx.
Back to top Go down
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty6/13/2010, 10:21 am

Thanks guys, glad you like the videos.

@ H. laoticus
I personally think the juddering is them telling each other, " Hey Im a scorpion like you dont go after me". Something like that. Because I see them doing all the time. Whenever one runs into another they usually both start doing it for a short time.

All I use is coca fibers, the kind you get in brick form and have to wet it. I dont mix it with anything. The tank size is 10 gallon. The mother is in a 20 gallon, I was thinking about putting them back in with her. A couple at first to see how she would react to them. I didnt take them out till they were a bit bast 3I and up till then she was very protective of them. I actually felt bad to separate them...Anyway. Since the male died and the mother has been all alone I really want to get them, at least a couple in with her to see if she will accept them back or not.

Im not sure on how their cycles go so I dont know if the mother would have kicked them out by now or if they would stay in a communal setting in the wild. I have read reports on the net of people coming across huge burrows of 50+ emps. That makes me think the mother wouldnt kick the babies out at any time. But who knows if thats true or not.

@ uncleleo
The yellow and white stuff at the bottom of the enclosure is fungi... Im not an expert but I believe the white stuff are the spores and the yellow is actually the fruit bodies. Basically the stalk of a mushroom...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty7/4/2010, 3:41 pm

The yellow stuff is bad ju-ju! You need to change out the substrate ASAP.

I found those mushrooms growing in a couple of my tanks. There's at least one well-documented case of one growing in a tarantula tank, falling into the water dish, and then killing the tarantula that drank the water.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty7/22/2010, 6:01 pm

what instar are they in the video because they are monumentally bigger than my 3-4i
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby emp pics and video   Baby emp pics and video Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby emp pics and video
Page 1 of 1