The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Help, some questions.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kadama
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Help, some questions. Empty
PostSubject: Help, some questions.   Help, some questions. Empty3/22/2010, 10:54 am

I woke up this morning to look into the tank to see what I beleive to be mold on the substrate, I checked inside the tank and it was a little ore moist then ussall.. So I have removed the lid along with substrate that I noticed had mold on it(Untill I can go buy some more later today or tommorow.) I have removed the fake plant, where the mold was under, also.. So there is nothing they can climb now, should I just keep the lid off from now on and no more fake plants?
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Help, some questions.   Help, some questions. Empty3/22/2010, 1:04 pm

Ehh just give a little bit less water and make sure you have a way of venting the tank. I dont have any fake plants, but there are lots of people with fake plants so that should be a problem. Also, a little bit of mold shouldnt be a huge deal if its on the substrate. You can spot clean it if it bothers you extremely.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Help, some questions.   Help, some questions. Empty3/22/2010, 4:16 pm

Mold will do NOTHING to your scorps. Mike has a tank that is two or three years old and has 2 inch tall mushrooms growing out of the substrate with healthy emps living in there.

No need to change the substrate. If you insist, then change it once a year max. Smile

Also, If you don't like how it looks, then just spot clean it, but really, it is nothing to worry about. It is only going to keep coming back anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Help, some questions.   Help, some questions. Empty5/9/2010, 1:18 pm

I'm aware I'm breaking my own anti-gravedigging rule, but I haven't been on in a couple months and wanted to point something out --

Yes, those scorpions were healthy, but that particular species of mushroom has been known to kill tarantulas at least once (fell in water, rotted, T drank water, end of T).

The best way to combat mold is occasional spot-cleaning (just picking out the moldy bits) and ensuring your tank has adequate ventilation. Emps don't need anything to climb, either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help, some questions.   Help, some questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help, some questions.
Page 1 of 1