The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Some questions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leonidas
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Some questions. Empty
PostSubject: Some questions.   Some questions. Empty2/19/2008, 3:26 pm

Hello! Laughing New to the forum.I've got some questions...
My Pandinus cavimanus juvenile hasnt molted for 5 months(when I bought it).The humidity is fine,it eats but why it hasnt molted?It's certainly not an adult.
ALso,my Heterometrus spinifer(is it?it's HUGE ,a bit bigger than an emp.) gave birth some weeks ago,and then she dug a new tunnel and I cant see her just faintly...I placed a lamp for somew minutes at the side of the terrarium nad I could see many white babies being active and crawling on the ground next to their mother.I've thrown some crickets,none of thme appeared again! Twisted Evil hahaha!Could they stress her?She must have eaten them all.When should I start feeding the babies?
Thanks,
Leo
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Some questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Empty2/19/2008, 4:55 pm

Moved out of "caresheets" section . . .

Forest scorpions are generally slow growers -- there's no need to worry if your cavimanus hasn't molted in a long time.

As for your het, if the babies are crawling around off of the mother, then they've molted and it is safe to feed them. I'd suggest headcrushed crickets, or roaches, to prevent injuries to baby scorpions.
Back to top Go down
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Some questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Empty2/19/2008, 10:26 pm

I have yet to have a scorpion molt in my care (I have an adult P cavimanus by the way) but 5 months doesn't sound too long especially for higher up instars. I believe the color of the telson is indicative in this species as to maturity. Is it white or red/black? A picture would help a lot especially with a ruler or something to compare it's size to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
Sponsored content

Some questions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some questions.   Some questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some questions.
Page 1 of 1