The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Mating and then the Fight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Mating and then the Fight Empty
PostSubject: Mating and then the Fight   Mating and then the Fight Empty3/4/2010, 7:03 pm

Typically after scorpions do there mating, they fight and separate. Now do you think it is best to stop the fight or should i just let them go at it until one leaves? Also is it ok to keep the male and the female together until she shows signs of gravid? I have emperors and this is all referring to them.
Back to top Go down
gromgroms
Centruroides
gromgroms

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mating and then the Fight   Mating and then the Fight Empty3/4/2010, 7:53 pm

umm you stop the fight. duh.
you can keep them together afterward but remove him toward 7-8 months
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Mating and then the Fight   Mating and then the Fight Empty3/5/2010, 1:08 am

huh ok i didnt know if it mattered if i stop[ed the fight or not. ok good to know thanks
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Mating and then the Fight   Mating and then the Fight Empty3/5/2010, 3:38 am

haha no problems. After the mating you can separate them if the fighting persists since you don't want to risk losing any. You can even remove them permanently, but I left my pair together and they did just fine.
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Mating and then the Fight   Mating and then the Fight Empty3/5/2010, 12:25 pm

Well i want to leave them together. I had 2 males together for a month or so and they seemed very attached. i gave one of them to my gf and now my other one seems sad lol. who knows but i plan on getting him a female of his own in a few days so he will get to do some lovin and not be alone.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Mating and then the Fight   Mating and then the Fight Empty3/6/2010, 4:43 pm

Whats with all this "fighting after mating" stuff people keep asking about? I've never encountered it in my collection.

It's almost as weird as someone on here who keeps assuming the female kills the male afterwards (which is rare even among spiders and mantids).
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: Mating and then the Fight   Mating and then the Fight Empty3/7/2010, 2:34 am

Well ive just seen in a few videos, that after they finish mating, they sting and fight. Ive never done it myself so i was just figuring thats how it went.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mating and then the Fight   Mating and then the Fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Mating and then the Fight
Page 1 of 1