The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker

Go down 
+10
kfc rocks
Mr. Mordax
bjaeger
DesertHaddy
gromgroms
Venom
Rideon
Kejser
binksyboy3
death stalker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty1/17/2010, 3:57 pm

kfc rocks wrote:
wow did i right all of that?!?!? Wink

Razz yep
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty1/17/2010, 6:31 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty1/17/2010, 6:48 pm

I don't see "!!!" as argumentative, just over-excitement . . . and I wouldn't feel comfortable giving advice on medically significant species to overly-excited people.

OP, if you want us to take you seriously, write your posts in a serious manner. For one thing, no one NEEDS to own a deathstalker, and the way your posts were typed out you come across more as an 11-year-old looking for a new video game.

Also, your original question of where to find a specimen would have been better-suited to an "In Search Of" post in our classifieds.
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty1/18/2010, 12:45 pm

yea Death chill out, your gonna chew out the inside of your mouth over an lq?

lol

have a male deathstalker, which mated with a friends female, and recently my Androctonus bicolor died.... and I got numerous individuals of various foreign species that I really need to keep going by breeding them, still you don't see me loading a 12 guage just to knock on the door of a pet store....

Chill man... before I managed to get my hands on stuff from overseas I never thought I live to see A. bicolor in the flesh.... and what do know, now I need a list sheet just to keep track of feeding and maintenance....

I'm sure there some guys around in your neck of the woods with a couple of lq litters, responsibly keeping it low key and selling it to friends or dudes they know can deal with a scorp of the calibre... potentially lethal...

Now thats something you don't walk into a bar and order it up off the counter know what I'ma sayin... Everwonder why no terrorist ever walked into a gun store and demand:---

"PUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSE somebody give me a phreakin nuclear warhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty1/18/2010, 12:47 pm

..............Last time I checked I don't think they gave him one!

now thats the finest piece of advice I ever had the honor of givin if I don't say so myself

lol
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty1/18/2010, 1:08 pm

Well i can see this post doesent need any comments from me, looks like we've covered everything lol
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty1/18/2010, 1:11 pm

The-New-Guy wrote:
looks like we've covered everything lol

Razz
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty1/18/2010, 3:11 pm

In all seriousness... Death, at least in my opinion, if you have gathered from the years of experience you're have under your belt... the fact that lqs have the lowest *LD rating of any living scorpion is enough to warrant even some reasonable level of concern...

*Lethal dose rating; and lower mean more toxic...

Its not a spitting cobra (as in quantity of venom) and I will go so far as to attest that lqs from my experience are not half as bad as its common nick glamorously projects...

they are in essence exceptionally slender, yellow colored desert bark scorpions with a skittish streak and a shy demeanor. Its their skittishness that makes them temperamentally unpredictable to work with, never mind bare-handling. You can even pick them up with tweezers without worrying you might injure its rather fragile looking proportions.... and I gather that not many people reading this live in Oman where they possibly could go out their backyard and never-ending trove of Leiurus quinquestiatus and even jordenensis... Even if lqs where just mildly toxic, I would still be afraid of handling in case I accidentally hurt the scorpion needlessly... its not me I'm technically worried about.

.... and strangely enough they are so passive for their namesake... and they like to fake it.... you all who kept lq b4 knows this. You nudge your lq with the tweezers and it refuses to budge from it in position in plain-sight, its like this boy was just hunkering down looking back at me with the beads on top of his carapace... After nudge firmly to move at least 5 times the scorp doesnt... then you think ok, I just need to reposition that little rock pratially burried in the croner.. you recall that the lq will not move even after checking 5 times. You metally prepare yourself to take the plunge and just about to leap..... you thought maybe you chcek one last time... Nudge 6..........whoa

and that same lqs just shoves that nudge away at telson point... wizzz....
Back to top Go down
nynoname
Babycurus
nynoname

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty9/14/2010, 1:57 am

i have one myself lol cb baby! lmao Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker   in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

in search for Leiurus quinquestriatus - Death Stalker
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2