The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? Empty
PostSubject: Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?   Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? Empty11/8/2009, 9:52 pm

Whats up with this? lol

Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? DSC00421
Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? DSC00422
Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? DSC00423
Back to top Go down
Cowin8579
Pandinus

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?   Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? Empty11/8/2009, 10:00 pm

I have a nutty Emperor that enjoys climbing, often two feet in the air. Maybe these scorpions would live in the trees if there were any in the desert!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?   Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? Empty11/8/2009, 11:43 pm

Probably because it's drier at the top and that huge water dish is making it way too humid. There's also no appropriate hides for this species; they like narrow crevices (such as between flat pieces of rock or bark).

I had a Vaejovis sp. in a tank with cocofiber that I didn't let dry out completely, and it spent all its time hanging from the lid. When I switched out the substrate for some that was drier, it returned to hiding at ground level.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?   Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? Empty11/8/2009, 11:43 pm

Cowin8579 wrote:
I have a nutty Emperor that enjoys climbing, often two feet in the air. Maybe these scorpions would live in the trees if there were any in the desert!

Uh . . . emps come from jungles, not deserts. I hope you're referring to the flatrock . . .
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?   Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? Empty11/9/2009, 4:24 am

Ok noted, changing substrate when i can next, meaning to do it for ages anyway.

And yeah i know i had a massive rock for it to hide in and around but i had to change tank and unfortunatly remove it Sad
Back to top Go down
Cowin8579
Pandinus

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?   Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? Empty11/9/2009, 7:34 am

Yes, I was. Although the forests are more limited than that of the Asian Forest Scorpion. I have been working with one of the last remaining pairs of Barbary Lions from the forests of Northern African. Our brother and sister just had 3 cubs... I guess that is the best you can hope for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?   Flatrock's turned into a tarantula? Empty

Back to top Go down

Flatrock's turned into a tarantula?
Page 1 of 1