The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

how do you tell the age of a scorpion

Go down 
+3
Mr. Mordax
Rasputin
kfc rocks
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kfc rocks
Pandinus

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-02

how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty
PostSubject: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/3/2009, 4:17 pm

i just wanted to know if anyone could help me with two things :

1 how old does a pandinus emperator scorpion have to be to mate

2 how do you tell the age of a pandinus emperator scorpion

any help will do thanks for reading:)
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/3/2009, 4:23 pm

1) an adult!
2) you ask the person/place you bought it from to tell you what instar it's at - if they don't know then you're up the creek w/out a paddle on that one
Back to top Go down
kfc rocks
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/3/2009, 4:27 pm

i heard something about the colour of the sting
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/3/2009, 4:29 pm

kfc rocks wrote:
i heard something about the colour of the sting

The telson gets darker with age, yes - but it's not how you tell the age of the scorp
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 12:50 am

You can't tell the exact age of a scorpion by its telson, but you can tell if it's an adult (it will be brown).
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 1:23 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:
You can't tell the exact age of a scorpion by its telson, but you can tell if it's an adult (it will be brown).

I thought you could tell by counting how many legs it has? Shock Shocked Awe affraid Shock&Awe!!!
Back to top Go down
kfc rocks
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 12:44 pm

cool thanks
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 12:55 pm

Rasputin wrote:
Mr. Mordax wrote:

I thought you could tell by counting how many legs it has? Shock Shocked Awe affraid Shock&Awe!!!

lol stop confusing people!
post a picture and we may be able to help.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 12:58 pm

_scorpio_ wrote:

lol stop confusing people!
post a picture and we may be able to help.

What? Me confusing?

Jordan, a picture isn't going to help you tell the age of the scorp....but if it has 8 legs... Question
Back to top Go down
kfc rocks
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 1:04 pm

its kinda confusin...

i think any way thanks
Back to top Go down
kfc rocks
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 1:06 pm

cats go meow lol ><> ><> fishys lol
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 2:48 pm

Rasputin wrote:
What? Me confusing?

Trying to, yes. "Hehe, I know something someone else doesn't... *makes a joke*"

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 2:52 pm

Plbtttt!
Back to top Go down
kfc rocks
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 3:19 pm

oh and sorry my camra gone all mentaly retarded cant upload any pics...

yet

until then thx for offerin

Last edited by kfc rocks on 11/5/2009, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 3:30 pm

kfc rocks wrote:
oh and sorry my camra gone all gay cant upload any pics...
yet

LOOK FOR THE EDIT IN THAT QUOTE, we have members of such an influence
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 3:57 pm

your just like my history teacher lol! (apart from being male and the tattoos and stuff....).
he didn't mean it in an offensive way! its like people saying "for god's sake!" there not actually insulting god its just a habit.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 4:00 pm

I know, it's still something to point out as a courtesy for our fellow members
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 4:06 pm

how do you tell the age of a scorpion Icon_rolleyes your just moaning because you can! lol!
anyway we have got vastly off subject. emperor scorpions sold over here in pet shops are normally sub-adult or adult as they look more impressive and sell better. you can normally tell the difference between sub-adult and adult because the adults always seem to have bigger claws. but when it comes to telling other instars apart it gets difficult to accurately know unless you had it from birth.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 4:17 pm

_scorpio_ wrote:
how do you tell the age of a scorpion Icon_rolleyes your just moaning because you can! lol!
anyway we have got vastly off subject. emperor scorpions sold over here in pet shops are normally sub-adult or adult as they look more impressive and sell better. you can normally tell the difference between sub-adult and adult because the adults always seem to have bigger claws. but when it comes to telling other instars apart it gets difficult to accurately know unless you had it from birth.

Whatever Jordan.

So, who documented that claws are how you differentiate juvie from adult? Did Mikes post get ignored? Define "sub-adult", what instar is that again - how old does that make the scorpion?
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 4:48 pm

Rasputin wrote:
_scorpio_ wrote:
how do you tell the age of a scorpion Icon_rolleyes your just moaning because you can!

Whatever Jordan.

So, who documented that claws are how you differentiate juvie from adult? Did Mikes post get ignored? Define "sub-adult", what instar is that again - how old does that make the scorpion?

Flippin hell, could the question just be answered without sarcasm or jokes etc Jeez
I'm sure the OP would find it much more helpful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 5:16 pm

Rasputin wrote:
kfc rocks wrote:
oh and sorry my camra gone all gay cant upload any pics...
yet

LOOK FOR THE EDIT IN THAT QUOTE, we have members of such an influence

First thing I have agreed with you on Shocked

I know he didn't mean it in an offensive way... and I (and others) generally don't take it as such. But it's still not something to encourage, when it's roots lie in the fact that "Gay = bad".
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 5:38 pm

Here:
"Q: How old is my Emperor?
A: There is absolutely no way of telling unless you have bred and raised them yourself. You can tell if it’s and adult or not by the color of the telson (The bulbous looking thing the stinger is attached to). If it’s white it’s a juvenile, if it’s a milky darker white than it is a sub-adult, if its dark red/brown then it is an adult"

Taken from here: Frequently Asked Questions about Emperor Scorpions (P. Imperator)
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 5:38 pm

Rasputin wrote:

Define "sub-adult", what instar is that again - how old does that make the scorpion?
the instar before adult in whatever species you are talking about...
and it isnt exactly going to be possible to find out how old the scorp is without having kept it from birth anyway.

anyway ill stop being sarcastic now lol!
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/4/2009, 5:44 pm

Nevermind, I quit, I'm surrounded by people that would rather waste time asking questions that the answers are already posted at the top of each forum and read the posts than actually look at the top of the forum at the actual answers - I'm going back over to atshq, I'll come back to post if/when scorpopedia is back up
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty11/5/2009, 1:44 am

hey kfc rocks, there's a sticky in this section for frequently asked questions. You can check that out first and ask us any others questions you may have. I know I didn't bother reading anything when I first came here Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you tell the age of a scorpion   how do you tell the age of a scorpion Empty

Back to top Go down

how do you tell the age of a scorpion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next