The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Large emp community tank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Large emp community tank Empty
PostSubject: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty10/25/2009, 7:59 pm

i am now in the process of planning a 6' emp tank! i just bought it off ebay for £8.59 lol! if it holds water it can be an emp tank until 2011 when i will want it to be used as a fishtank. if it leaks the emps can have it permanently.
how many do you think i could have? and does anyone have any? about 4i?
will have to make a lid and stand for it but thats not a problem really.
i will be setting this up when i get the tank in november.
any advice is welcome!
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty10/25/2009, 8:29 pm

haha wow, excellent deal

i wouldnt mind a setup that large at all Very Happy

Im still learning from my 3 scorp communal setup so can't give any good advice, but sounds awesome already lol where will you place that at your house anyway?
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/1/2009, 4:44 pm

my animals have their own room lol! still cant fit it in tho....
however many i get i will get them all at once to reduce aggression, so i cant afford to buy them at retail price.... anyone got like 7 they have bred themselves and are 4i/5i? i could then get another 6 or 7 of the same size to hopefully reduce inbreeding, though it wouldn't eliminate it.
if all goes well i should have a lot of baby emps going cheap next year.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/1/2009, 5:00 pm

Inbreeding isn't a problem with this particular sp. Although issues do occur in most sp.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/1/2009, 5:24 pm

binksyboy3 wrote:
Inbreeding isn't a problem with this particular sp. Although issues do occur in most sp.

Spoken like a true scientist - HA, HAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Inbreeding may not appear to be an issue in one case or another but to say that it doesn't cause issues with any and every species is a load of crap. I'm not saying that there are occurrences where inbreeding doesn't affect the outcome of a brood but never, and I mean never, assume that because one brood here and one brood there from siblings turned out okay that inbreeding is not a problem and will not destroy the genetics. Sorry, I didn't read the thread, nor care to as P.imps are not my bag, but I was given no choice but to speak out on those two sentences - sorry Binks, you're wrong (document it through three direct generations and I will acknowledge there being some validity to your statement).
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/1/2009, 5:25 pm

okay then...
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/1/2009, 5:55 pm

_scorpio_ wrote:
okay then...

Sorry, my little rants just show up whenever they feel like it - it was a pressing issue and it was the only post I read. Sorry Binks, I had to do it - you understand I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/2/2009, 2:55 am

Only passing on info from what i read from people on this forum before i joined.

Fair enough for correcting me, but wasn't from my personal experience i was distributing information so i felt that the rant was a little uneccessary-However, to be fair you didn't know that. Could've just corrected me in a more relaxed manner, that's all.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/2/2009, 3:10 am

Oh no! Evil or Very Mad I've just realized that i'm going on the quote thread!

binksyboy3 wrote:
Inbreeding isn't a problem
Razz Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/2/2009, 12:47 pm

lol i didnt spot that! inbreeding isnt ever that good for anything. some things can go on for a few generations like it but it makes them weaker after a bit.
still looking out for a good deal for 10 - 15 emps!
Back to top Go down
covel42
Pandinus

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/23/2009, 9:29 am

i have a four foot viv setup with six Emperors in. Seems to be going flawlessly at the moment (going on 2 months now). had a little tension with one male at the start but he soon settled now they just chill out doing their thing. got two gravid females now.

did a lot of research on issues with communal emps and tbh.... ive had none. i provide ample food and hiding places
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty11/23/2009, 12:59 pm

still got no deals for that many emps and haven't picked the tank up yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Large emp community tank   Large emp community tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Large emp community tank
Page 1 of 1