The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Stung in aggression

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Stung in aggression Empty
PostSubject: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty3/12/2008, 11:45 am

I just noticed that after all the scorpions I've held I've never been stung like full on. The one time I was stung was because I caught a falling P imperator at a weird angle. Has anyone had a scorpion in their hand go into a threat position and pull the stinger over their head before they drive it in? For most species their stinger is their greatest weapon so I'm finding it hard to believe, though interesting, that stings rarely come from a position like that.

Just my thoughts from daydreaming in class today...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty3/12/2008, 12:30 pm

got a sting from a H.longimanus when she was in Def pos..
Back to top Go down
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503

PostSubject: Re: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty3/12/2008, 12:46 pm

Kejser wrote:
got a sting from a H.longimanus when she was in Def pos..

Was she in your hand or on the ground?

I want to know if a scorpion ever stung someone while on their hand. I've had them go into defensive on my hand but never came close to being stung. Like i can't think of a scorpion stinging their "ground" (In this case you hand). I've seen tarantula and centipede bites like this but never a sting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty3/12/2008, 12:56 pm

Ive never had one of mine get all defensive on my hand but saying that...I dont hold often!
I didnt even see a defense pose when mother thought babies were in trouble, I guess it was more important to round up the babies and run then attempt to have a fight with something/someone.
She has raced out but never raised her tail.

The babies have only raised their tails when killing their food or when they were disturbed by me flashing the camera in their faces!
ooh and using it to duel with!

Hohum....cant really answer your question

xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty3/12/2008, 8:58 pm

I've never seen one sting the pink fleshy ground they were on, either. The only sting I got was because I was stupid and tailed a specimen without knowing its individual temperament.

I've had a few threat postures in my hand, but most were while the scorp was still in the tank -- it's easy for them to feel cornered in there.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty3/12/2008, 9:00 pm

I have gotten a few scorps to sting while on my hand but only to my other hand. I dont think it's possible for them to actully sting the hand thats holding them up.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty3/12/2008, 9:04 pm

I heard it happen to some guy on AB once, but it was a while ago and I forget who it was. I wouldn't say it's impossible, just highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty3/12/2008, 9:07 pm

I think it's to much effort on the scorpion to actually tag someone in that position but I suppose they might do it.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stung in aggression   Stung in aggression Empty

Back to top Go down

Stung in aggression
Page 1 of 1