The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Good 'display' tarantula?

Go down 
+6
diabollicallycursed
Kuma
Mr. Mordax
scorpion111
_scorpio_
Chaika
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chaika
Centruroides
Chaika

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'display' tarantula?   Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 Empty5/7/2009, 12:16 pm

Well, That's reassuring then Very Happy I got two from Virginia Cheeseman (they arrive tomorrow). She says they're just over 1cm, and that I can keep them in the cups that she'll mail them in. Stocked up on micro crickets so I'm all ready. Any idea how much/often I should feed them?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Good 'display' tarantula?   Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 Empty5/7/2009, 1:14 pm

Up to you... I fed mine every few days, and it grew very fast. I kept my P.cambridgei at about 80 - 85 (I would say) and it seemed to go through food pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
Chaika
Centruroides
Chaika

PostSubject: Re: Good 'display' tarantula?   Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 Empty5/8/2009, 3:44 pm

They've arrived Very Happy Tiny, scuttling, fast little things! So cute though!

I've set them up in tall tupperware containers from Tesco which I think will be good homes for the next couple of months, so I'll put in a small cricket in a few days and see how we go.

The containers came out really great once I drilled some small ventilation holes in the sides and the lid :

No 1
Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 P110

No 2
Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 P210

Smile

Last edited by Chaika on 5/19/2009, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Good 'display' tarantula?   Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 Empty5/8/2009, 6:41 pm

pretty cool!

I have simmilar containers from morrisons that I use for young scorpions & juvie T's.

btw, Psalmopoeus are FAST. I took my Cambridgei out to see how much it had grown, (and jesus, no' half..) and It fired it's way up my sleve and onto my back.. it tickled.
Back to top Go down
Chaika
Centruroides
Chaika

PostSubject: Re: Good 'display' tarantula?   Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 Empty5/8/2009, 7:24 pm

Yeah know what people meant about 'teleporting' now! When they arrived at the office this morning I needed to check that they were ok, so I took the lid of one of the boxes they came in and it was half way up my arm in the blink of an eye! Good job noone noticed... pirat
But I learn fast. When I was moving them into their new homes I did it on a large empty table so that I had enough time and space to cover them with a glass if they bolted Smile
Back to top Go down
dalitan
Hadogenes
dalitan

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Good 'display' tarantula?   Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 Empty5/21/2009, 4:38 am

Lasiodora parahybana...Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good 'display' tarantula?   Good 'display' tarantula? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good 'display' tarantula?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2