The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

The need to have scorpions.

Go down 
+3
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Venom
diabollicallycursed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-03-26

The need to have scorpions. Empty
PostSubject: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/5/2009, 10:59 pm

Why are scorpions addictive? You just HAVE to get more once you get one. I'm just trying to figure out why these animals intrigue us so much.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/5/2009, 11:15 pm

Cus they are cool!
What other animal has claws and a tail with a needle that can kill you when it's only a 16th of your size?
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/6/2009, 8:02 am

Venom wrote:
Cus they are cool!
What other animal has claws and a tail with a needle that can kill you when it's only a 16th of your size?

Exactly what I was thinking, and what other pets provoke such odd reactions from people when yu tell them you keep scorps.

As for the reasoon they are so addictive....I'll get back to you on that one Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/6/2009, 9:53 am

I'm not sure how big you are venom but I'm way more then 16 times bigger then my scorp lmao Razz
Back to top Go down
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/6/2009, 12:53 pm

It's odd how some people will swat them with their shoe (that angers me) but people like me would keep them as a pet.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/6/2009, 3:27 pm

ha
can't say how many times i had to educate people on my scorpion xD
every single time ^^

funny thing is the people i've talked to defend their pets by saying "you can't pet it, you can't play with it, they don't come when you call their name, you can't do anything with them."
They just don't understand that i find enjoyment in simply observing a creature. I like recreating their habitats as best I can and seeing how they adapt, behave, and live. I don't need direct contact and attention from them to be happy about owning one! Plus, scorpions look awesome Cool
Back to top Go down
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/6/2009, 3:55 pm

H. Laoticus wrote:
ha
can't say how many times i had to educate people on my scorpion xD
every single time ^^

funny thing is the people i've talked to defend their pets by saying "you can't pet it, you can't play with it, they don't come when you call their name, you can't do anything with them."
exactly my fiance is always like"your pets are soo boring at least i can cuddle with mine blah blah blah" but you hit the nail on the head with what you wrote underneath.
They just don't understand that i find enjoyment in simply observing a creature. I like recreating their habitats as best I can and seeing how they adapt, behave, and live. I don't need direct contact and attention from them to be happy about owning one! Plus, scorpions look awesome Cool[/quote]
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/6/2009, 4:01 pm

oh yes creating natural terraniums is also a great part of the hobby. Especially when you can get a little eco system going on.

I got into scorpions coz i'm a scorpio.. makes sense lol. I personally cant put my finger on exactly what it is that makes me tick about them. But I have always been fascinated with them since my first emps about 10 years ago. Cant get enough of them.

And.. I have found... it has put off burglars in the past Smile
Back to top Go down
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/6/2009, 4:04 pm

They put off burglers Shocked
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/6/2009, 4:07 pm

yup... who needs guard dogs?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/7/2009, 11:45 am

H. Laoticus wrote:

That's why some of us have quit calling them pets and simply refer to them as "the collection."
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker
Centruroides
Deathstalker

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/8/2009, 6:28 pm

i love scorpions! i have my burms and retics, but scorpions interest me so much! my collection grows weekly! only have a few at the mo but it will get much, much bigger!! i did try n put them in my sig but it wont display it?
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty4/8/2009, 7:32 pm

Deathstalker wrote:
i love scorpions! i have my burms and retics, but scorpions interest me so much! my collection grows weekly! only have a few at the mo but it will get much, much bigger!! i did try n put them in my sig but it wont display it?

try keeping all the names in 1 line cause by the rules of the forum u cant have a sig bigger than 5 lines deep
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The need to have scorpions.   The need to have scorpions. Empty

Back to top Go down

The need to have scorpions.
Page 1 of 1