The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Video of two SMP's being introduced...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty
PostSubject: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/18/2009, 8:07 pm

So, whats your verdict? Are they two males... the fighting would seem it to me? Annoying if so.

Both of the "shuddered" during the introduction at one point. The definite male did some really nice clear ones on/off for about 10 minutes, only, the camera wasn't filming!!

Video of two SMP's being introduced... Th_Scopriomaurusshuddering
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/18/2009, 8:37 pm

that didn't look too promising... I would say from that you had your original one wrongly sexed.

My male did the sex sting to the females side membrane and also snipped off the end of her telson... nice of him.

but i saw this behaviour when i had mine in a communal tank, he went straight for the other male whenever he found him. this was before I found out that keeping them together wasn't such a good idea... about the time i joined on here lol

And on top of that I never witnessed a female juddering. I'm not saying that they dont but I never saw mine two girlies doing it.
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/19/2009, 7:12 am

Thats what I thought! Thanks for the info and all the help Lisa Smile

So, it seems I am on the hunt for a female S. maurus now then!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/19/2009, 12:46 pm

looked more like a "get the **** out of my territory" thing. but, I wonder because they were both dumped in the same tank at the same time, they were probably a bit weirded out. I think it would be best to wait till the "female" got used to a tank, then introduce the male.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/19/2009, 1:00 pm

scorpion111 wrote:
I think it would be best to wait till the "female" got used to a tank, then introduce the male.

I agree with this, especially once you get a confirmed female. Gives her a chance to lay down some pheromones for the male to notice. Very Happy Sometimes when you introduce a male to a female's tank, you can see him scanning the ground with his pectines very thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/19/2009, 1:10 pm

I must admit I suggested the homeymoon suite because i have found it to be more successful than just putting the male in the females box.

but putting the male in the females enclosure is another option. see what happens. if you get the same i still think you have two lads.
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/19/2009, 1:59 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
scorpion111 wrote:
I think it would be best to wait till the "female" got used to a tank, then introduce the male.

I agree with this, especially once you get a confirmed female. Gives her a chance to lay down some pheromones for the male to notice. Very Happy Sometimes when you introduce a male to a female's tank, you can see him scanning the ground with his pectines very thoroughly.

Ah ok, yeh. Well, there was more shuddering coming from the new male last night. Shall I wait a while and try letting him into her enclosure maybe?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/20/2009, 12:13 am

You could always give it a shot, but if it looks more like fighting than mating, I'd separate 'em fast. Those pinchers could do a number!

Just watch for hand-holding, and possibly a sexual sting.
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/20/2009, 10:50 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:
You could always give it a shot, but if it looks more like fighting than mating, I'd separate 'em fast. Those pinchers could do a number!

Just watch for hand-holding, and possibly a sexual sting.

Ok, yeh, I managed to seperate them pretty fast last time I think, and twasn't too hard.

Shall I try again in a week or so then?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/20/2009, 1:36 pm

Yeah, I'd give it a go, just to confirm . . . but if it doesn't go well, you should be on the lookout for a girl. Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker
Centruroides
Deathstalker

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/20/2009, 4:55 pm

yeah i'd give it another go, and as has been said, you could be on the look out for a female if it doesn't go to well!
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty3/21/2009, 7:22 am

Awesome, ta people! I will let you know how it goes Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of two SMP's being introduced...   Video of two SMP's being introduced... Empty

Back to top Go down

Video of two SMP's being introduced...
Page 1 of 1