The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Smeringus Vachoni Immanis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty
PostSubject: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/15/2009, 6:13 pm

Hello peeps Very Happy

I have done as much research into this species as I can and have based my set up on pictures from a thread from AB.

But if anyone has had any personal experience with this scorpion would love to have any more helpful tips. Including adult size and any information on sexing. As far as I know I am getting a sub adult.
It's being sent out on monday so hopefully pics will be up same day Smile
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/16/2009, 7:28 pm

Very slow growers(didnt know there was a subspecies.) I have a S. vachoni. Probably one of the rarest scorps I have. Right now it's a bit bigger than my S. mesanensis but has looked gravid/premolt for over 1.5 years now. It seems like it wants to molt but doesn't. I keep it in dry peat instead of sand. Seems more active in it and tries to burrow under rocks.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/17/2009, 8:08 am

thanks for that info, much appreciated

I have an OCF S. mesaensis that has been in premolt since I got it in december
One good size cricket for their body size seems to last them about a month. Now I have completed the enclosure and the temperature is higher I'm hoping they will come on a little faster now.

Can I presume that the S. Vachoni will rarely feed as well. I know they waste very little of their food

This is a pic of the enclosure I have made for him. I based it on the pictures from AB
I'm going to watch his behaviour in this enclosure and if he doesn't seem happy I will try your setup
Smeringus Vachoni Immanis DSCF6101
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/17/2009, 6:18 pm

mines had periods of "hunger" where it would all the time. But they do ear very rarely.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/17/2009, 7:43 pm

Another amazing looking set up Lisa...can I just steal them all!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/17/2009, 8:37 pm

hahaha.

I'm lucky to live in yorkshire where there are literally thousands of miles of dry stone walls. And occasionally cars pile through them breaking up some lovely stone perfect for enclosures, after a good clean anyway. but the weathered look looks pretty good I think

smeringus to arrive today.. cant wait Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/18/2009, 8:51 pm

yay he arrived.

a little smaller than i thought he would be, i saw larger specimens on martins stall at the newark show. but i'm not complaining it means i will get a little more out of him.

beautiful little fella, he's about 2" long and looks like a ping pong ball, serious premolt!
Anyway I warmed him up then put him in the enclosure, where he promptly shot into a hole I had made in the rocks before I could get a picture! sods law!

so when he comes out i will take a pic of him Smile
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/18/2009, 9:02 pm

Yay! New scorpions are so fun. Congratulations...I bet he loves his new flat.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty3/18/2009, 9:08 pm

aye he is on the first floor hahahaha
If you look at the enclosure pic, on the left hand side there is a gap between the stones, he is in there.

Was glad to see this evening that he was at the entrance, peds held out. So it looks like he is happy in there. only thing is that, the end enclosure looks better than the others... So I may have to see what other stone i can find and make them more sloping. give them something more to do. since I put the rocks in they have been happily clambering over them. so i think a modification is in order
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smeringus Vachoni Immanis   Smeringus Vachoni Immanis Empty

Back to top Go down

Smeringus Vachoni Immanis
Page 1 of 1