The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty
PostSubject: Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................   Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty5/20/2012, 3:22 pm

Hello,

for the second year I went to the BTS show and spent 2 hours trying to shuffle around with the heards of visitors to look at what the breeders and dealers had to offer. This show was far better than last year for scorpions, although compared to the other inverts on offer, scorpions were definately the minority.

I've been eyeing up and researching S. donensis ever since TSS listed them on their website and when I saw them in the flesh today I had to get a few. They're absolutely tiny but very 'pretty' scorpions. Not unlike miniature versions of my Bothriurus dumayi even though they're from a completely different family. Info. is farely sparse on this species but hopefully they'll settle in OK.

Here is a few pics of them I snapped whilst I was unpacking them when I got home. Note the substrate that they are on is what they came with, not sure what it is but it's made them quite dusty.

Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... DSCN1215

Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... DSCN1214

Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... DSCN1207

The second species I purchased is another Euscorpiops vachoni to add to my two adults. There is so little info around about this species that I don't even know how to sex them. I'm desperate to either get a brood from or breed these guys so I got another as it looked a little different to my others so it could possibly be a different sex. Anyway here is a pic of the scorpion.

Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... DSCN1220

awesome
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................   Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty5/21/2012, 3:17 am

Great pics.

I'm loving the E. vachoni. Resembles a Iurus, but with awesome coloration.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................   Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty5/21/2012, 3:52 am

DolbyR wrote:
Great pics.
I'm loving the E. vachoni. Resembles a Iurus, but with awesome coloration.
+1 Smile

Great pics and definitely some sweet additions!

How i wish i get such shows at my area. lolz
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................   Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty5/21/2012, 6:20 am

Very nice Callum. The S. donensis looks awesome. On my wishlist you go.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................   Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty5/21/2012, 7:58 am

Great pics. Nice looking E. vachoni.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................   Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty5/21/2012, 9:10 am

Thanks guys.

Yes they do look kind of like a stunted Iurus Dolby, and I love their colour, there is absolutely no shineyness to them at all which gives them an interesting look.

As for the S. donensis, they're just super cute. They are definately the smallest scorpion I have ever owned, and I've got Chaerilus celebensis lol!! They're probably no more than 2cm fully outstretched, I think they are the smallest North American species. It's going to be a real challenge if I get babies from these guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................   Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni...................... Empty

Back to top Go down

Superstitiona donensis and another Euscorpiops vachoni......................
Page 1 of 1